Timbers Sign Forward Felipe Mora to a Contract Extension
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Timbers today announced that the club has signed forward Felipe Mora to a contract extension through 2025 with a club option in 2026.
"We have a strong belief in Felipe as both a player and a person. This is a unique situation in which Felipe's unselfishness to work with the club in restructuring the contract, affords us the ability to continue to fully support him in his rehab process," said Timbers technical director Ned Grabavoy. "We have confidence that he can return to being an impact level player for us, and take pride in him being a member of this club."
Mora, 29, is set to enter his fourth season at Portland. The Chilean striker has scored 19 goals and tallied 7 assists in 55 regular season appearances (35 starts) for the Timbers. In the 2022 season, Mora recorded a goal in 78 minutes played after finishing the 2022 regular season with a team-leading 11 goals and five assist (27 points).
"Felipe has been a very important figure to the success of our club during the past few years and we missed his contributions during the 2022 season. Despite the adversities he has had to face, we have never seen him surrender," said Timbers head coach Giovanni Savarese. "Knowing the hardworking and incredible person he is, I have no doubt he will come back stronger than ever and ready to continue to contribute to the team."
Transaction: Portland Timbers sign forward Felipe Mora to a contract extension through 2025 with a club option in 2026.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 14, 2022
- Earthquakes Announce Roster Moves Ahead of 2023 MLS Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- Arreaga Named to Ecuador Final Roster for FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Whitecaps FC Announce Additional 2023 Roster Updates - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- New York Red Bulls Midfielder Cristian Cásseres, Jr. Selected to Venezuela Roster for Upcoming Friendlies - New York Red Bulls
- Minnesota United Announce 2022 End of Season Roster Update - Minnesota United FC
- Charlotte FC Announces Further Roster Decisions - Charlotte FC
- D.C. United Announce Roster Decisions Ahead of 2023 Season - D.C. United
- LA Galaxy Announce 2022 Roster Decisions - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Midfielder Braian Ojeda Named to Paraguay Roster - Real Salt Lake
- Real Salt Lake Winger Jefferson Savarino Named to Venezuela Roster - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers Sign Forward Felipe Mora to a Contract Extension - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Announces Partnership with Eleven Sports Media - FC Dallas
- Anton Tinnerholm Departs New York City Football Club - New York City FC
- GRAMMY Award-Winning Pop Artist PNK to Headline Concert at GEODIS Park in September 2023 - Nashville SC
- Colombia and Paraguay Announce Star-Studded Rosters for November 19 Friendly at DRV PNK Stadium - Inter Miami CF
- Colorado Rapids and UCHealth Launch Health-Focused Initiative as Part of Multi-Year Jersey Rights Deal - Colorado Rapids
- Atlanta United Announces Year-End Roster Moves - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Announces Roster Decisions for 2023 Season - FC Dallas
- Orlando City SC Announces End-Of-Season Statuses Following 2022 MLS Season - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Foundation Opens Mini Pitch at Austinburg Park in CovingtonÃÂ ÃÂ - FC Cincinnati
- FC Dallas' FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022© Watch Party Series Kicks off One Week from Today - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Acquire $50,000 in 2023 General Allocation Money from Orlando City SC
- Timbers Appoint Heather Davis as Chief Executive Officer
- Timbers to Compete against Tigres UANL and San Jose Earthquakes in Group Stage of Leagues Cup 2023
- Juan David Mosquera, Santiago Moreno Called up for Colombian National Team Training Camp
- Eryk Williamson Called up to U.S. Men's National Team for Pair of Friendly Matches in January