Tiger-Cats Home Opener Game Time Moved up to 7 p.m.
In celebration of Canadians across the country rallying behind the National Basketball League's Toronto Raptors and their drive to win the 2019 NBA Championship, the Canadian Football League is moving up the start time of the June 13 game in Hamilton between the Tiger-Cats and Saskatchewan Roughriders to 7 p.m. EDT from 7:30 p.m. EDT.
During the game, select televisions around Tim Hortons Field will switch to the beginning of Game 6 of the NBA Finals between the Raptors and Golden State Warriors at 9 p.m. The Tiger-Cats will also open the gates to the public following the conclusion of the team's home opener for fans and community members to view the remainder of TSN's live broadcast of the Raptors game for free. The entire stadium, including the field itself, will be accessible for everyone to watch the remainder of the game on the team's 3,400 square foot video board.
"It's a very exciting time to be a sports fan in Canada with the start of the CFL season and the Toronto Raptors making their mark on Canadian sports history with this amazing run," said Matt Afinec, President and Chief Operating Officer of the Tiger-Cats. "With our home opener aligning with Game 6 of the NBA Finals, there's no better way to celebrate than to open the gates at Tim Hortons Field after the Ticats game and create our version of 'Jurassic Park' at Tim Hortons Field."
Limited tickets remain for the Ticats home opener and fans are encouraged to act now to be part of this entire unique experience that includes both football and basketball. Tiger-Cats single game tickets are on sale now starting at $29 per game. Customizable three game flex packs and promo offers, including a Father's Day and craft beer sampling ticket pack, are also available at Ticats.ca/tickets.
Additionally, in conjunction with the 2021 Hamilton Grey Cup stadium experience plans, fans can take advantage of The Caretaker's Commitment until June 12. The only way to guarantee your 2021 Grey Cup tickets in 2019 is to become a season seat holder! Visit Ticats.ca/GreyCup for more details, including info on cash back incentives and a comprehensive list of season seat holder benefits.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from June 11, 2019
- Stamps to Launch 22nd Year of Every Yard Counts Program, Presented by Shane Homes - Calgary Stampeders
- Tiger-Cats Announce Exclusive Partnership with My Insurance Broker - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- BC Lions Claim OL Jean-Simon Roy from Edmonton - B.C. Lions
- Robo Added to Practice Roster - Calgary Stampeders
- Stampeders' Team Captains Named for 2019 - Calgary Stampeders
- CFL Unveils Results from 2019 CFL Media Poll - CFL
- CFL Signs Mexican Broadcast Deal with MVS - CFL
- Hall of Fame QB Damon Allen at Friday's Esks Game - Edmonton Eskimos
- Alouettes Add Chad Geter - Montreal Alouettes
- Tiger-Cats Sign Global Kicker Amavizca-Ortiz - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Kick-Off for Season Opener Moved up a Half Hour - CFL
- Tiger-Cats Home Opener Game Time Moved up to 7 p.m. - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Sign Defensive Back Stribling
- Tiger-Cats & Forge FC Announce 'Hamilton Proud' Mask Campaign to Benefit Food4kids
- Tiger-Cats Add Linebacker Wilson and Defensive End Bingham
- Tiger-Cats Select Nine Players in 2020 CFL Draft
- Tiger-Cats Select OL Woodmansey and DE Bennett in First Round of 2020 CFL Draft