Stamps to Launch 22nd Year of Every Yard Counts Program, Presented by Shane Homes
Player representative Brandon Smith and a group of his teammates as well as members of the Outriders cheer team and Ralph the Dog will be at the Alberta Children's Hospital on Friday to continue their support of the Every Yard Counts program.
Throughout the season, Stamps players visit patients at the Alberta Children's Hospital prior to every regular-season home game as part of Every Yard Counts, presented by Shane Homes.
The program was started in 1997 by Stampeders alumnus Vince Danielsen who is a childhood cancer survivor. Every Yard Counts enables patients to attend a home game as personal guests of Danielsen, who played with the Stamps from 1994 to 2001 and won two Grey Cup rings. After each game, the patients are taken in the locker room to collect player autographs.
"My teammates and I are pleased to continue our support of the Alberta Children's Hospital through the Every Yard Counts program," said Smith. "Friday's visit will kick off my sixth year as the team's player representative and I look forward to carrying on the tradition in 2019. Giving back to the community is always an important part of being a Stampeder."
As part of Every Yard Counts program launch, Shane Homes has generously donated gift bags along with 100 tickets to the Hospital for use by patients.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from June 11, 2019
- Stamps to Launch 22nd Year of Every Yard Counts Program, Presented by Shane Homes - Calgary Stampeders
- Tiger-Cats Announce Exclusive Partnership with My Insurance Broker - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- BC Lions Claim OL Jean-Simon Roy from Edmonton - B.C. Lions
- Robo Added to Practice Roster - Calgary Stampeders
- Stampeders' Team Captains Named for 2019 - Calgary Stampeders
- CFL Unveils Results from 2019 CFL Media Poll - CFL
- CFL Signs Mexican Broadcast Deal with MVS - CFL
- Hall of Fame QB Damon Allen at Friday's Esks Game - Edmonton Eskimos
- Alouettes Add Chad Geter - Montreal Alouettes
- Tiger-Cats Sign Global Kicker Amavizca-Ortiz - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Kick-Off for Season Opener Moved up a Half Hour - CFL
- Tiger-Cats Home Opener Game Time Moved up to 7 p.m. - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.