Stampeders' Team Captains Named for 2019
Bo Levi Mitchell, Brandon Smith, Jamar Wall and Rene Paredes will serve as the Stampeders' team captains for the 2019 Canadian Football League season. The four were chosen as a result of a player vote.
Mitchell is in his eighth season with Calgary and this will be his fifth year as a captain. The quarterback from Katy, Tex., is the reigning Most Outstanding Player in the CFL, boasts the highest winning percentage for a starting quarterback in league history and is a two-time winner of both the Grey Cup MVP award and the Stamps' Herm Harrison Memorial Award for service to the community.
Smith and Wall, both defensive backs, have a combined 18 seasons of experience with the Red and White. Smith enters his 12th season with Calgary and in 2018 he became just the third player to win three Grey Cups as a member of the Stamps. Wall is a two-time CFL all-star who is heading into his eighth season with Calgary.
Paredes is entering his ninth season with the Stampeders and his sixth as a captain. The veteran kicker is a four-time division and CFL all-star and was the Stamps' nominee for Most Outstanding Special Teams Player in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from June 11, 2019
- Stamps to Launch 22nd Year of Every Yard Counts Program, Presented by Shane Homes - Calgary Stampeders
- Tiger-Cats Announce Exclusive Partnership with My Insurance Broker - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- BC Lions Claim OL Jean-Simon Roy from Edmonton - B.C. Lions
- Robo Added to Practice Roster - Calgary Stampeders
- Stampeders' Team Captains Named for 2019 - Calgary Stampeders
- CFL Unveils Results from 2019 CFL Media Poll - CFL
- CFL Signs Mexican Broadcast Deal with MVS - CFL
- Hall of Fame QB Damon Allen at Friday's Esks Game - Edmonton Eskimos
- Alouettes Add Chad Geter - Montreal Alouettes
- Tiger-Cats Sign Global Kicker Amavizca-Ortiz - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Kick-Off for Season Opener Moved up a Half Hour - CFL
- Tiger-Cats Home Opener Game Time Moved up to 7 p.m. - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Calgary Stampeders Stories
- Grey Cup Festival Gets Under Way with Tim Hortons Kick-Off Party
- Seasonal Shelter Announced as Grey Cup Legacy Project
- Red and White Back Home to Face Winnipeg in Western Semi-Final
- Stamps Nominate Wiggan for Gaudaur Award
- Holley is West's Most Outstanding Rookie