Kick-Off for Season Opener Moved up a Half Hour
June 11, 2019 - Canadian Football League (CFL) News Release
TORONTO - The Canadian Football League (CFL) released the following statement:
What a time to be a sports fan in Canada! Our regular season opener is fast approaching and the nation has rallied around the Raptors in their drive to win the NBA Championship! To accommodate our many fans who want to experience both, we are moving up the start time of our June 13 game in Hamilton between the Tiger-Cats and the Saskatchewan Roughriders to 7 p.m. ET from 7:30 p.m. ET. This new 7 p.m. ET start time allows our fans to enjoy our first regular season game of the year and still catch most of Game Six of the NBA Finals, both of which air live on TSN. The gates will also be open to the public at Tim Hortons Field following the conclusion of the football game, welcoming fans & community members to watch the remainder of TSN's Raptors broadcast for free on their 3,400 sq. foot video board.
Thank you to the Tiger-Cats and Riders for supporting this change and all of our fans for adjusting to it. Good luck to all of our teams as they start their quest for the Grey Cup - and Canada's only NBA team as it reaches for the Larry O'Brien Trophy. Let's all enjoy one of the great days in Canadian sport on June 13, starting at 7 p.m. ET on TSN with the Tiger-Cats and Riders live from Tim Horton's Field. For tickets head to cfl.ca/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from June 11, 2019
- Stamps to Launch 22nd Year of Every Yard Counts Program, Presented by Shane Homes - Calgary Stampeders
- Tiger-Cats Announce Exclusive Partnership with My Insurance Broker - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- BC Lions Claim OL Jean-Simon Roy from Edmonton - B.C. Lions
- Robo Added to Practice Roster - Calgary Stampeders
- Stampeders' Team Captains Named for 2019 - Calgary Stampeders
- CFL Unveils Results from 2019 CFL Media Poll - CFL
- CFL Signs Mexican Broadcast Deal with MVS - CFL
- Hall of Fame QB Damon Allen at Friday's Esks Game - Edmonton Eskimos
- Alouettes Add Chad Geter - Montreal Alouettes
- Tiger-Cats Sign Global Kicker Amavizca-Ortiz - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Kick-Off for Season Opener Moved up a Half Hour - CFL
- Tiger-Cats Home Opener Game Time Moved up to 7 p.m. - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.