Thunder Completes Futures Trades; Acquires Leavens from Rush
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced the completion of three trades from earlier this season.
The Thunder have acquired forward Daniel Leavens from the Rapid City Rush, which completes the futures trade that saw Shane Owen go to the Rush. Forward Kevin Dufour has been sent to Indy to complete a futures trade that saw forward Nick Bligh come to Wichita. Forward Brayden Low heads to Reading to complete a previous trade that saw Colin Martin come to Wichita.
Leavens, 24, recently completed his rookie season with the Rush. He started the year with the Wheeling Nailers before being acquired by the Allen Americans in late October. A native of Thornhill, Ontario, the 6-foot-1, 201-pound forward was dealt to Rapid City in mid-December. He compiled 42 points (12g, 30a) in 47 games for the Rush. Overall, he finished with 51 points (15g, 36a) in 66 games in his first year as a pro.
Prior to turning pro, Leavens played a four-year career at Robert Morris University. He helped the Colonials to two-straight AHA Regular Season Championships and was named to the AHA Third All-Conference Team in 2016-17. In 136 career NCAA games, he tallied 108 points (40g, 68a).
Season tickets for the 2018-19 campaign are on sale now. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 down per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
Name your price for season tickets or suites during the month of June. Click here to submit your entry on what you would pay for season tickets and a Thunder representative will get you taken care of!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 13, 2018
- Grizzlies Acquire Joey Ratelle to Complete Trade with Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Deal McKernan to South Carolina - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fuel Acquire Forward Kevin Dufour from Wichita - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Completes Futures Trades; Acquires Leavens from Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Complete Trades with Fort Wayne, Orlando - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears Announce Completion of Several 2017-18 Trades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rush Complete Final Trade - Rapid City Rush
- Wings Acquire Ryan Penny to Complete Futures Deal with Reading - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Finalize Four Future Considerations Trades - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Complete Trade with Swamp Rabbits - Idaho Steelheads
- Gladiators Complete Troock Trade with Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Complete Futures Deal with Greenville - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Acquire Will Merchant and Phil Lane - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Monarchs Name Doug Christiansen Head Coach - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.