Theo Pinson Named NBA G League Player of the Week
LONG ISLAND - The NBA G League announced today that Brooklyn Nets guard/forward Theo Pinson was named NBA G League Player of the Week for games played Monday, Feb. 3, through Sunday, Feb. 9, while on assignment with the Long Island Nets. This marks the third NBA G League Player of the Week honor in Long Island Nets history, the first for Long Island this season and the first of Pinson's career.
Pinson led Long Island to a 2-1 week, averaging 21.0 points, 10.0 rebounds, 6.7 assists and 1.7 steals in 36.5 minutes per game while shooting 46.0 percent (23-of-50) from the field and 42.9 percent (9-of-21) from 3-point range. The Greensboro, N.C., native scored 15 or more points in each contest and led Long Island in assists and rebounds in two of the team's three games. He also posted two double-doubles during the three-game stretch.
Pinson began the week with a game-high 32 points, nine rebounds, three assists and two steals at Wisconsin on Feb. 4. He followed that up with 16 points, 12 rebounds, six assists and two steals at Windy City on Feb. 7, recording his first double-double of the season and leading Long Island to its fourth straight victory. On Feb. 9 at Sioux Falls, Pinson recorded his second consecutive double-double and finished the contest with 15 points, nine rebounds, 11 assists, a steal and a block. His 11 assists were the most recorded by a Net in a game this season.
In eight games (all starts) on assignment with Long Island this season, Pinson has averaged 16.4 points, 6.8 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.1 steals in 31.7 minutes per contest. The 24-year-old has also appeared in 28 games for the Brooklyn Nets this season, recording averages of 4.2 points, 1.7 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 12.2 minutes per game.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 10, 2020
- Bulls Fall to Tacko and the Red Claws - Windy City Bulls
- Barry Brown Jr and Kelan Martin Spearhead Wolves Victory over Kings - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Demolish Bulls in Rout - Maine Red Claws
- Theo Pinson Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Long Island Nets
- Dakota Mathias Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Texas Legends
- Donta Hall Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Grand Rapids Drive
- PJ Dozier Named to the 2019-20 Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Windy City Bulls
- Johnson and Magette Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Lakeland Magic
- Four Hustle Players Selected to Western Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Memphis Hustle
- Brandon Goodwin Earns Eastern Conference Mid-Season All-NBA G League Honors - College Park Skyhawks
- Brantley and Wright-Foreman Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Salt Lake City Stars
- Tremont Waters Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Maine Red Claws
- Devontae Cacok and Gary Payton II Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - South Bay Lakers
- Marial Shayok Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Delaware Blue Coats
- Frank Mason, Jaylen Adams and Rayjon Tucker Named to the Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Salt Lake City Stars
- Josh Gray Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Erie BayHawks
- Greensboro Swarm's Community Heroes Night to be Presented by Truliant Federal Credit Union - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Ends Three-Game Homestand with Loss to Greensboro
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8
- Long Island Nets Defeat Delaware for Third-Straight Victory
- Long Island Nets to Host Third-Annual Women's Empowerment Game, Presented by National Grid, this Wednesday, March 4