Bulls Fall to Tacko and the Red Claws
The Windy City Bulls, presented by BMO Harris Bank, the official G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, lost at home to the 23-9 Maine Red Claws on Monday night, 121-83.
The Red Claws broke quickly, building a 21-4 lead as the Bulls struggled to find offense with 7'5" Boston Celtics Two-Way player Tacko Fall looming in the paint.
Maine showed a balanced attack with six players notching seven points or more in the first half while shooting .525 from the field and .400 from three-point range, using a 22-6 advantage in bench points to build as much as a 31-point lead in the first half.
Heading up the scoring for the Red Claws were former Windy City Bulls player Kaiser Gates with nine points and eight rebounds, and Bryce Brown with nine points on 3-for-4 from long range, five rebounds and three assists.
Fall finished the first 24 minutes with four points, seven rebounds and three blocked shots.
Generating the offense for Windy City were Tre'Darius McCallum with seven points and Jaron Blossomgame with nine points, two rebounds and two steals, while the Bulls shot just .292 as a team in the opening 24 minutes.
The Red Claws led 59-36 at the break.
Maine used a 42-point third quarter, shooting 17-for-26 in the frame as a team to take a 101-60 advantage into the fourth.
The Bulls outscored the Claws over the final 12 minutes but could not close the gap as Maine finished by winning the rebounding battle 60-42 and knocking down 11 more three-pointers than Windy City.
Jaysean Paige led the Red Claws in scoring with 19 points, seven assists and two rebounds. Gates finished with a double-double, 14 points and ten rebounds. Fall ended the game with eight points on 4-for-4 from the floor, 12 rebound and four blocks.
Simi Shittu posted 26 points and 15 rebounds to lead the Bulls in both categories. McCallum finished with 16 points and two assists.
Windy City (12-20) will travel out east to match up with the Erie Bayhawks this Thursday night.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 10, 2020
- Bulls Fall to Tacko and the Red Claws - Windy City Bulls
- Barry Brown Jr and Kelan Martin Spearhead Wolves Victory over Kings - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Demolish Bulls in Rout - Maine Red Claws
- Theo Pinson Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Long Island Nets
- Dakota Mathias Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Texas Legends
- Donta Hall Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Grand Rapids Drive
- PJ Dozier Named to the 2019-20 Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Windy City Bulls
- Johnson and Magette Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Lakeland Magic
- Four Hustle Players Selected to Western Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Memphis Hustle
- Brandon Goodwin Earns Eastern Conference Mid-Season All-NBA G League Honors - College Park Skyhawks
- Brantley and Wright-Foreman Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Salt Lake City Stars
- Tremont Waters Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Maine Red Claws
- Devontae Cacok and Gary Payton II Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - South Bay Lakers
- Marial Shayok Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Delaware Blue Coats
- Frank Mason, Jaylen Adams and Rayjon Tucker Named to the Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Salt Lake City Stars
- Josh Gray Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Erie BayHawks
- Greensboro Swarm's Community Heroes Night to be Presented by Truliant Federal Credit Union - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City Bulls Awarded the 2019-20 NBA G League's Promotion of the Year
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Windy City Bulls Virtual 5K to Benefit the Barn Senior Program of Schaumburg
- Windy City Bulls Player-Designed Shirt Sales to Benefit Local Food Pantry
- Mokoka Leads Windy City to Tough Win over Maine, 120-112