Four Hustle Players Selected to Western Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team
Memphis, Tenn. - The NBA G League today announced that four players from the Western Conference leading Memphis Hustle have been selected to its Western Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team. Dusty Hannahs, former Grizzlies assignee Josh Jackson, Jarrod Uthoff and Grizzlies two-way player Yuta Watanabe make up the quartet that marks the most players selected from any team and one-third of the Western Conference Team.
NBA G League coaches and general managers voted on the top performers from the first half of the season from their respective conferences based on their performance in games played through January 28, 2020. Players must have played in 50 percent of the team's games through that date.
Hannahs, in his third season with Memphis, is currently averaging a team-leading 21.5 points to go with 2.1 rebounds and 2.2 assists while shooting 47.8 percent overall, 47.1 percent from three-point range and 90.0 percent from the free throw line. The Arkansas product and Little Rock native currently leads the league in offensive rating (119.1; min. 10 games played), ranks third in points per 48 minutes (34.0) and is the only player in the G League to rank in the Top 10 for scoring (ninth), three-point percentage (third) and free throw percentage (fourth).
Jackson appeared in 26 games for the Hustle, posting averages of 20.3 points, 7.5 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 1.4 blocks and 1.3 steals while shooting 44.7 percent from the field and 38.0 percent from long range. While with the Hustle, Jackson led the team in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks at least four times each. Since being recalled by the Grizzlies on Jan. 27, he has appeared in five games and is averaging 7.0 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.0 steals.
Uthoff is currently averaging 18.7 points, 10.7 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks while shooting 48.6 percent overall and knocking down threes at a 35.6 percent clip. He is the only player in the NBA G League who has played in at least 15 games that is averaging at least 18.0 points, 10.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists. The Iowa alum has recorded 14 double-doubles on the season and is averaging 16.8 points, 15.0 rebounds and 3.6 assists over his last five games.
Watanabe upholds averages of 17.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.0 blocks while shooting an efficient 55.1 percent from the field, 37.8 percent from long range and 84.8 percent from the line. Over his last four games played with the Hustle, Watanabe has posted 23.8 points, 6.0 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.0 steals while shooting at a 61.1 percent mark, including 52.4 percent from three-point range. The George Washington product has appeared in eight games with the Grizzlies this season, averaging 2.0 points and 0.9 rebounds per game.
The Hustle return to action tomorrow against the Agua Caliente Clippers on the road at 1 p.m. and the game can be streamed at gleague.nba.com. The team makes its return to Landers Center on Wednesday, Feb. 19 at 7 p.m. against the Sioux Falls Skyforce. Tickets are still available starting at $10 each and fans wishing to attend can purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com, the Landers Center Box Office, online at MemphisHustle.com or by calling (901) 888-HOOP.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 10, 2020
- Bulls Fall to Tacko and the Red Claws - Windy City Bulls
- Barry Brown Jr and Kelan Martin Spearhead Wolves Victory over Kings - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Demolish Bulls in Rout - Maine Red Claws
- Theo Pinson Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Long Island Nets
- Dakota Mathias Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Texas Legends
- Donta Hall Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Grand Rapids Drive
- PJ Dozier Named to the 2019-20 Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Windy City Bulls
- Johnson and Magette Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Lakeland Magic
- Four Hustle Players Selected to Western Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Memphis Hustle
- Brandon Goodwin Earns Eastern Conference Mid-Season All-NBA G League Honors - College Park Skyhawks
- Brantley and Wright-Foreman Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Salt Lake City Stars
- Tremont Waters Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Maine Red Claws
- Devontae Cacok and Gary Payton II Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - South Bay Lakers
- Marial Shayok Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Delaware Blue Coats
- Frank Mason, Jaylen Adams and Rayjon Tucker Named to the Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Wisconsin Herd
- Stars Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Salt Lake City Stars
- Josh Gray Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team - Erie BayHawks
- Greensboro Swarm's Community Heroes Night to be Presented by Truliant Federal Credit Union - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Hustle Stories
- Memphis Grizzlies Community Assistance Fund Supports Memphians in Need During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Memphis Hustle Announce Single Game Ticket Policy for Postponed Games
- Memphis Hustle Waive Nino Johnson
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Jontay Porter
- Hustle Fall in Sioux Falls, Drop Fourth Straight Game