Texas Ends Road Swing, Returns Home to Face San Antonio this Weekend
Cedar Park, TX - The Texas Stars had a busy week with four games over a stretch with four games over six days. The team posted a 1-2-1-0 record over that stretch, starting with a 4-3 overtime defeat at home to Milwaukee on Tuesday night. The team routed the Admirals in a rematch on Wednesday night, handing Milwaukee a 6-3 loss. Texas started a three-game road trip with a 9-4 loss in Rochester on Friday and concluded the week with a 2-0 setback in Hamilton on Sunday.
This Week's Games
The Stars conclude a three-game road trip on Wednesday, February 15th at 9:45 a.m. (CT) in Lake Erie against the Monsters. Texas returns home on Friday, February 17th for a 7:30 p.m. faceoff against the San Antonio Rampage, presented by Farmers Insurance. Friday's game is a 3-2-1 night featuring $3 domestic drafts, $2 sodas and $1 hot dogs. The Stars will take on the Rampage again on Saturday, February 18th at 7:00 p.m., presented by the Texas Lottery Commission. The first 2,500 fans to the game will receive a team poster, compliments of ABC Home and Commercial Services. Saturday is also a State Farm Family Four Pack night consisting of four tickets, four sodas and four hot dogs starting at $48.
Milwaukee 4 at Texas 3 OT 2/7/12
The Texas Stars were defeated by the Milwaukee Admirals 4-3 in overtime at the Cedar Park Center on Tuesday night. Admirals' center Chris Mueller scored the game-winning goal 3:15 into overtime. Right wing Colton Sceviour netted two goals for Texas and center Travis Morin also scored in the one-goal loss. Texas goalie Tyler Beskorowany stopped 17 of 21 shots.
Milwaukee 3 at Texas 6 2/8/12
The Texas Stars defeated the Milwaukee Admirals 6-3 at the Cedar Park Center on Wednesday night. Center Ryan Garbutt registered a hat trick, as the Stars scored six unanswered goals in the final two periods. Center Scott Glennie registered a goal and two assists, and defenseman Adam Pardy added three assists. Right wing Colton Sceviour scored a goal and an assist in the win.
Texas 4 at Rochester 9 2/10/12
The Texas Stars were defeated by the Rochester Americans 9-4 at the Blue Cross Arena on Friday night. The Americans scored five times in the second en route to a home victory over the Stars. Texas forward Mike Hedden scored once and added two assists for his first three-point night in the AHL. Texas goalie Andrew Raycroft suffered the loss, stopping 13 of 19 shots before he was pulled at 12:30 of the second period in favor of Tyler Beskorwany.
Texas 0 at Hamilton 2 2/12/12
The Texas Stars were defeated by the Hamilton Bulldogs 2-0 at Copps Coliseum on Sunday. Hamilton goalie Nathan Lawson made 39 saves for his fourth shutout of the season. Lawson stopped 15 in the first period and 13 shots in the second period to preserve the win. Bulldogs center Ryan White scored twice in the second period, helping Hamilton end its four-game losing skid. Texas goalie Tyler Beskorowany made 25 saves, as the Stars fall to 10-16-0-1 on the road this year.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Tickets are available online at www.TexasStarsHockey.com or by calling 512.GO.STARS (467.8277). Tickets may also be purchased at the Cedar Park Center box office.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2012
- Canadiens Reassign Ian Schultz to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Alex Stalock Returns to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Texas Ends Road Swing, Returns Home to Face San Antonio this Weekend - Texas Stars
- Heat Sign Jessiman - Abbotsford Heat
- Bruins Recall Hennessy - Providence Bruins
- Wolski and Woywitka Happy with Whale Experience - Connecticut Whale
- Checkers Weekly Report - Charlotte Checkers
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Backes, Toews and Chara Jerseys up for Auction - Peoria Rivermen
- Panthers Send Markstrom to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Sign Chupp - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ducks Acquire Holzapfel for Macenauer - Syracuse Crunch
- Hogs Pick up a Win in Week 20, Hog Talk Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Bulldogs Recall Olivier Malka from Wheeling Nailers - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Jets Trade Holzapfel to Anaheim for Macenauer - St. John's IceCaps
- Week 20 - NHL Vet Niittymaki Joins Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Springfield Falcons News and Notes - Springfield Falcons
- St. John's Goalie Eddie Pasquale Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Bruins Recall Bodnarchuk - Providence Bruins
- Islanders Recall Wishart, Return Rakhshani - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- IceCaps Re-Assign Forney to Colorado - St. John's IceCaps
- Success In Numbers - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.