Super Bowl XXV Champion New York Giants to Appear at August 28th Somerset Patriots Game
Bridgewater, NJ - The Somerset Patriots have announced that New York Giants Super Bowl XXV Champions OJ Anderson and Stephen Baker will appear at the Wednesday, August 28th game at TD Bank Ballpark. The team will take on the Lancaster Barnstormers in the 7:05 pm game presented by a4 Media.
Anderson and Baker will participate in an exclusive Meet & Greet on the Party Deck beginning at 6:00 pm when gates open. The Meet & Greet ticket package is $70 and includes an autograph item provided by the team, an opportunity for both players to sign an item provided by the fans, and a picture with both Giants greats. The Meet and Greet features a buffet and tickets to the game to enjoy on the Party Deck overlooking left field. To purchase Meet & Greet tickets, please select Giants Meet & Greet or Party Deck when buying tickets online.
After the Meet & Greet concludes, Anderson and Baker will be honored in the pre-game festivities and throw out ceremonial first pitches.
Once the game starts, Anderson and Baker will sign autographs on the main concourse for two hours.
Throughout the game, the Somerset Patriots will entertain fans with highlights and other clips of the two during their time with the Giants.
Anderson, the Super Bowl XXV MVP, enjoyed a 14-year football career with the St. Louis Cardinals and the New York Giants. An eighth overall pick in the 1979 NFL draft, Anderson's career started with a bang, winning Rookie of the Year by rushing for 1,605 yards and eight touchdowns. He would go on to be named an All-Pro and a Pro Bowler in just his first season in the league.
He would play six full seasons with the Cardinals before being dealt midseason to the Giants in 1986. Anderson's claim to fame in a Giants uniform came during the 1990 season, where the Giants squared off against Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills in Super Bowl XXV.
Anderson's 102 yards on 21 carries, including the go-ahead touchdown in the third quarter was good enough to earn him game MVP honors.
For his NFL career, Anderson would rush for 10,273 yards and 81 touchdowns. He would rack up two Pro Bowl appearances and was named Comeback Player of the Year in 1989.
The only other touchdown from the Giants during Super Bowl XXV was scored by wide receiver Stephen Baker. A third-round pick in the 1987 NFL Draft, Baker spent six seasons with the Giants, catching 141 receptions for 2,587 yards and 21 touchdowns.
Nicknamed "The Touchdown Maker," Baker lived up to his expectations, catching a key 14-yard touchdown from Jeff Hostetler in the second quarter of Super Bowl XXV.
Down 12-3, Baker's touchdown brought the Giants back into the game, ultimately flipping momentum right before the half.
Anderson and Baker were two integral parts to the Giants winning their second of four total championships.
The Somerset Patriots 2019 Season Presented by Ford is underway at TD Bank Ballpark. Stay up to date on all the team news online, on all of our social media platforms, and on our mobile app. For more information, visit www.somersetpatriots.com.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from May 24, 2019
- Late Comeback Lifts Patriots Past Crabs - Somerset Patriots
- Late Inning Magic Propels Bees To Victory Over Rockers In Series Opener - New Britain Bees
- Closer Gets Five Outs in 4-3 Win Over York - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Somerset Stuns Southern Maryland in Series Opener - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Washington and Fuentes Launch Ducks Past Skeeters - Long Island Ducks
- Boston Red Sox Purchase Contract of RHP Konner Wade - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Super Bowl XXV Champion New York Giants to Appear at August 28th Somerset Patriots Game - Somerset Patriots
- New Britain Victorious Over Lancaster In Back And Forth Matinee Affair - New Britain Bees
- Ducks Rally Back But Fall Late in High Point - Long Island Ducks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Somerset Patriots Stories
- Somerset Patriots Receive Atlantic League Awards for Promotional and Groundskeeping Excellence
- Somerset Patriots 2B Craig Massey Named to Atlantic League's Red, White, and Blue All-Defensive Team
- Somerset Patriots INF Will Kengor Named Post Season All-Star
- Somerset Patriots Announce 2020 Schedule
- Somerset Patriots to Hire New Third Base/Hitting Coach for 2020