Stubbs Powers Tourists to Bounce Back Win
GREENVILLE - One day after being no-hit, the Asheville Tourists put together a strong response with a 6-1 victory over the Greenville Drive. C.J. Stubbs paced the offense with a 3-for-4 effort that included a pair of Home Runs. The Tourists finished with 11 hits in the game and plated four of their six runs in the fourth inning.
Julio Robaina's pitching kept Greenville's hitters off balance all night. The lefty spun six innings of one-run baseball and struck out eight. Robaina surrendered only four hits and did not walk a batter. Danny Cody followed with two scoreless frames and Tommy DeJuneas worked a shutdown ninth.
The four-run fourth inning began with a Justin Dirden leadoff triple. Stubbs cranked a two-run Homer to give the Tourists a 2-0 lead. Yainer Diaz worked a two-out walk later in the inning and Wilyer Abreu made the Drive pay with a two-run Home Run of his own.
Stubbs hit a double in the sixth inning and clubbed his second Home Run of the game in the top of the eighth. Deury Carrasco came in to score on a wild pitch in the ninth after doubling to lead off the frame. Carrasco and Dirden each finished with two hits on the night.
Asheville has won four of five at Fluor Field this week with two games left to play over the weekend. The lone loss came Thursday night when Greenville fired a four-pitcher, combined no-hitter.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from September 3, 2021
- Hoppers Run Winning Streak to 7 Games in Pennant Race - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Seymour Strikes out Nine in 6-4 Series Clinching Win on Friday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Late Game Offense Nets Comeback Win for RBraves - Rome Braves
- Brooklyn Powers Past Blue Rocks, 10-1 on Friday - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Stubbs Powers Tourists to Bounce Back Win - Asheville Tourists
- First Series Loss for Gades as They Drop Fourth Straight - Hudson Valley Renegades
- McGarry Sharp in Claws Debut; BlueClaws Split Pair at Aberdeen - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- BlueClaws to Host School Supply Drive on September 10th - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Nick Yorke Named Low-A East Player of the Month with Salem Red Sox - Greenville Drive
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (September 3) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Dash Shut out 5-0 in Game Three against Rome - Winston-Salem Dash
- Fan Appreciation Day to Include Post-Game Fan Photo & Catch on Field - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- BlueClaws Fall 9-1 at Aberdeen on Thursday - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Pirates Top Prospect Nick Gonzales Brings Proven Swing to Greensboro - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Hoppers Sweep Renegades in Pennant Race Doubleheader - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Bowling Green Sweeps Hickory in Doubleheader on Thursday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.