Storm Win Streak Snapped by Waterloo
Kearney, NE. - The Tri-City Storm had their six game win streak snapped on Friday night, falling to the Waterloo Black Hawks 1-0.
Jackson Cates scored for the Black Hawks at the 14:30 mark of the 1st period, with assists going to teammates Jack Drury and Garett Wait. The power play goal from Cates would be the only tally in a 1-0 Waterloo win.
The Storm offense was held off the scoreboard for the second time this season. Tri-City has now won eight of ten games to start the season, but will be looking for a bounce back win tomorrow night at the Viaero Center following tonight's shutout by the Black Hawks.
Storm forward Connor McMenamin was given a major penalty for head contact and ejected at the 15:14 mark of the 2nd period. Although the Storm would kill off the five minute major, an earlier power play goal against would prove to be too much to overcome.
Jared Moe recorded the shutout for Waterloo, stopping all 25 Storm shots. Moe improved to 4-2 on the season, and now leads the USHL with a 1.51 GAA. Storm goalie Filip Larsson stopped 18 of 19 shots and recorded just his second loss of the season.
The Storm return to action tomorrow night at the Viaero Center for Military Appreciation Night presented by Riddles Jewelry. The Viaero Wireless pregame show will begin at 7:15 PM CT on The Breeze 94.5 FM. Puck drop at 7:35 PM CT.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 13, 2017
- Storm Shutout Black Hawks - Tri-City Storm
- FLYING ACES PREVAIL IN WILD OVERTIME AFFAIR - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Stampede Rally Late to Earn a Point in Lincoln - Sioux Falls Stampede
- METSA'S FIRST USHL GOAL GIVES PHANTOMS OVERTIME WIN - Youngstown Phantoms
- STARS RALLY FOR 5-4 OVERTIME WIN OVER STAMPEDE - Lincoln Stars
- Lamoreaux stops 35 shots for his first USHL victory in net - Madison Capitols
- LANCERS VICTORIOUS IN DOUBLEHEADER WEEKEND - Omaha Lancers
- U.S. Drops 5-2 Decision to Russia at Deutschland Cup - U.S. National Team
- Storm Looks to Respond in Rematch Game vs. Waterloo - Tri-City Storm
- U.S. National Under-18 Team Falls to Finland, 4-3 in Shootout - U.S. National Team
- O'Reilly nets two goals to lead the Caps to victory - Madison Capitols
- PHANTOMS COMEBACK GROUNDS FLYING ACES - Youngstown Phantoms
- STEEL RALLY FOR 3-2 WIN IN DUBUQUE - Chicago Steel
- Storm Win Streak Snapped by Waterloo - Tri-City Storm
- MAGERA'S LATE TALLY UPENDS SAINTS - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Stampede Collect a Point in OT Loss to Sioux City - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Team USA Defeats Sweden, 5-0, at Four Nations Cup - U.S. National Team
- LANCERS SHUTOUT GAMBLERS - Omaha Lancers
- COLLEGE NIGHT TONIGHT AS SAINTS HOST STEEL - Dubuque Fighting Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.