Storm Shutout Black Hawks
Kearney, NE. - The Tri-City Storm defeated the Waterloo Black Hawks 1-0 on Saturday night at the Viaero Center. Filip Larsson recorded his second shutout of the season, and eight overall victory of the season.
After falling to the Black Hawks in a 1-0 game the prior night, the Tri-City Storm responded with their fifth home victory of the season. Tyler Ward's opening period power play goal would prove to be the game winning goal, and the only tally of the night at the Viaero Center. Ward's goal was his third of the season, and was assisted by Storm Captain Adam Goodsir. The goal for Ward was his eight point of the season and moved him into a tie with Connor McMenamin for the most points scored by a Storm through eleven games.
Filip Larsson would provide outstanding goaltending for the second night in a row, blanking the Black Hawks in a 29 save performance. Larsson now has a 1.41 goals against average (GAA), best in the USHL. The Storm goalie Larsson also leads the USHL in wins with eight on the season.
Jared Moe recorded the loss for Waterloo, dropping his individual record to 3-4 on the season. The Black Hawks fell back to .500 with the loss and now stand at 6-6 on the season.
The Storm power play recorded its eleventh goal of the season with the Ward tally in the 1st period. Shots on goal were 29-25 in favor of Waterloo.
Tri-City now prepares for a two game weekend against Des Moines. Friday night's game will be held at the Viaero Center, with puck drop scheduled for 7:35 PM CT. Saturday's game will be played on the road, where the Storm will look to build upon a three game road winning streak.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 13, 2017
- Storm Shutout Black Hawks - Tri-City Storm
- FLYING ACES PREVAIL IN WILD OVERTIME AFFAIR - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Stampede Rally Late to Earn a Point in Lincoln - Sioux Falls Stampede
- METSA'S FIRST USHL GOAL GIVES PHANTOMS OVERTIME WIN - Youngstown Phantoms
- STARS RALLY FOR 5-4 OVERTIME WIN OVER STAMPEDE - Lincoln Stars
- Lamoreaux stops 35 shots for his first USHL victory in net - Madison Capitols
- LANCERS VICTORIOUS IN DOUBLEHEADER WEEKEND - Omaha Lancers
- U.S. Drops 5-2 Decision to Russia at Deutschland Cup - U.S. National Team
- Storm Looks to Respond in Rematch Game vs. Waterloo - Tri-City Storm
- U.S. National Under-18 Team Falls to Finland, 4-3 in Shootout - U.S. National Team
- O'Reilly nets two goals to lead the Caps to victory - Madison Capitols
- PHANTOMS COMEBACK GROUNDS FLYING ACES - Youngstown Phantoms
- STEEL RALLY FOR 3-2 WIN IN DUBUQUE - Chicago Steel
- Storm Win Streak Snapped by Waterloo - Tri-City Storm
- MAGERA'S LATE TALLY UPENDS SAINTS - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Stampede Collect a Point in OT Loss to Sioux City - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Team USA Defeats Sweden, 5-0, at Four Nations Cup - U.S. National Team
- LANCERS SHUTOUT GAMBLERS - Omaha Lancers
- COLLEGE NIGHT TONIGHT AS SAINTS HOST STEEL - Dubuque Fighting Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.