Stars Sweep Season Series with Turlock with 10-3 Win
Tacoma, WA. - The Stars (6-8) registered 10 goals for the second consecutive game and this time it resulted in a 10-3 win over the Cal Express (4-10) as Tacoma sweeps the season series 3-0 over Turlock. Nick Perera and Mike Ramos each collected a hat-trick for Tacoma in the win.
The Stars took control of the game from the start, beginning with Perera's first of the night just 37 seconds into the match. Ramos converted on an Alessandro Canale assist to put Tacoma in front 2-0 with 6:10 left in the opening quarter. It was Perera's second of the night, this one assisted by Chase Hanson that closed out scoring in the first and gave the Stars a 3-0 lead.
A pair of Tacoma markers from Canale, assisted by Cory Keitz, and an unassisted effort from Ramos sent the teams to the locker room at halftime with Tacoma leading 5-0. The Stars, who outshot Turlock 26-18 in the game, held a 13-6 shot advantage at the break.
With 8:21 left in the third quarter Vince McCluskey put the Stars up 6-0 before Ivan Campos connected with Adrian Gutierrez for Turlock's first goal of the match and make it 6-1 Tacoma with 2:00 remaining in the third. Less than a minute later Keitz found Alex Megson for the Stars goal with 1:01 to play in the third.
A 7-1 Stars advantage quickly became 8-1 as Perera pounded home his third goal of the match 53 seconds into the final frame. After Keitz was sent off for two minutes for holding, Gutierrez notched an unassisted power play goal with 11:51 remaining and an 8-2 Stars lead. Back to back Stars goals from Ramos and Raphael Cox had Tacoma in front by a 10-2 margin with 8:22 showing on the clock. The final goal of the match came for Turlock off the foot of Campos to reach the 10-3 final score.
1st - TAC Perera (Ramos) 0:37; TAC Ramos (Canale) 8:50; TAC Perera (Hanson) 10:18. Penalties - none.
2nd - TAC Canale (Keitz); TAC Ramos 9:49. Penalties - none.
3rd - TAC McCluskey (Canale) 8:13; TUR Gutierrez (Campos) 13:00; TAC Megson (Keitz) 14:00. Penalties - none.
4th - TAC Perera 0:53; TUR Gutierrez 3:09; TAC Ramos (Perera); TAC R. Cox (Waltman) 6:39; TUR Campos (Gonzalez) 11:12. Penalties - TAC Keitz blue card (holding); TUR Brambila yellow card (dissent) 11:12.
Attendance - 2,634
The Stars are on the road next week for a pair of games in Texas. First up is date in Dallas with the Sidekicks on Saturday February 15 at 5:05 pm PST. The following night it's off to Mesquite where the Stars will look to tame the Outlaws at 3:05 pm PST. You can catch all the action live on MASL.tv.
The next home game will be the first of two against the Florida Tropics on Thursday February 27. Game time is 7:35 pm and you can get your tickets at tacomastars.showare.com today
2019-20 Stars season tickets are available now! Call 1-844-STARS-84 or email email@example.com to find your favorite seat and make it yours for exciting Tacoma Stars soccer.
Legacy Membership are now available for the Tacoma Stars. Guarantee your life-time seat to all the action by calling 1-844-STARS-84, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to www.tacomastars.com.
Images from this story
Tacoma Stars celebrate a goal against the Cal Turlock Express
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 8, 2020
- Sidekicks Drop First of Two-Game Series - Dallas Sidekicks
- Wave Dominate Rival Comets Saturday Night - Milwaukee Wave
- Sockers Run out of Gas in Florida - San Diego Sockers
- Ambush Take the Heat - St. Louis Ambush
- Wave Crash Comets in Milwaukee - Kansas City Comets
- After Strong First Half by Lancers, Blast Pulls Away to Win - Rochester Lancers
- Parreiras Nets Three to Lift Tropics to 8th Straight Win, 8-5 over Visiting San Diego Sockers - Florida Tropics SC
- Blast Defeat Rochester 14-5 - Baltimore Blast
- St. Louis Ambush Loan Adamson to Orlando - St. Louis Ambush
- SeaWolves Add Veteran Midfielder Corey Adamson on Loan - Orlando SeaWolves
- Tacoma Stars Outscore the Cal Express - Turlock Cal Express
- Stars Sweep Season Series with Turlock with 10-3 Win - Tacoma Stars
- Fury Shutout Outlaws - Ontario Fury
- Mesquite Outlaws Lose Game vs. Ontario Fury, 7-0 - Mesquite Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.