St. Louis Ambush Loan Adamson to Orlando
St. Charles, MO - Veteran St. Louis Ambush midfielder Corey Adamson is heading to Florida as he will be on loan to the Orlando SeaWolves for the remainder of the season, the two teams announced today. Adamson will serve in the dual role of player and assistant coach for the SeaWolves. He is under contract with the Ambush for next season and plans call for him to return to St. Louis after his stint in Florida concludes. Per league and team policies, no additional details were disclosed.
The current season is Adamson's eighth in professional arena soccer. He joined the Ambush for their inaugural 2013-14 season after his previous season with the Las Vegas Legends was limited to one game due to injury. Corey made his mark on St. Louis early, scoring the first goal in franchise history in a 17-4 win over the Pennsylvania Roar on November 22, 2013 at the Family Arena. Adamson split the 2014-15 season between the Ambush and Milwaukee Wave then spent the 2015-16 season with the Cedar Rapids Rampage before returning to the Ambush as a free agent for the 2016-17 campaign. He has remained a fixture in St. Louis since.
The move to Florida will be a homecoming of sorts for Adamson, who originally hails from Clearwater. Adamson spent his collegiate career (2006-10) playing for USC-Aiken. He is a two-sport pro, having played as a kicker with the St. Louis Attack and River City Raiders arena football team.
The Ambush will be in action Saturday night when they welcome the Harrisburg Heat to the Family Arena for a 7:05 p.m. contest. Saturday's game will also honor the 25th Anniversary of the 1995 NPSL Champion Ambush team with alumni players on hand to sign autographs and will include a tribute banner being raised inside the Family Arena.
Single game tickets for the remainder of the 2019-20 season are on sale and can be purchased at the Family Arena box office or at ticketmaster.com. Groups of 10 or more can purchase their discounted tickets by calling the Ambush office at 636-477-6363.
Images from this story
St. Louis Ambush midfielder Corey Adamson
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 8, 2020
- Sidekicks Drop First of Two-Game Series - Dallas Sidekicks
- Wave Dominate Rival Comets Saturday Night - Milwaukee Wave
- Sockers Run out of Gas in Florida - San Diego Sockers
- Ambush Take the Heat - St. Louis Ambush
- Wave Crash Comets in Milwaukee - Kansas City Comets
- After Strong First Half by Lancers, Blast Pulls Away to Win - Rochester Lancers
- Parreiras Nets Three to Lift Tropics to 8th Straight Win, 8-5 over Visiting San Diego Sockers - Florida Tropics SC
- Blast Defeat Rochester 14-5 - Baltimore Blast
- St. Louis Ambush Loan Adamson to Orlando - St. Louis Ambush
- SeaWolves Add Veteran Midfielder Corey Adamson on Loan - Orlando SeaWolves
- Tacoma Stars Outscore the Cal Express - Turlock Cal Express
- Stars Sweep Season Series with Turlock with 10-3 Win - Tacoma Stars
- Fury Shutout Outlaws - Ontario Fury
- Mesquite Outlaws Lose Game vs. Ontario Fury, 7-0 - Mesquite Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.