Mesquite Outlaws Lose Game vs. Ontario Fury, 7-0
ONTARIO, California -Â The Mesquite Outlaws went down to Ontario Fury, 7-0. Ontario had a game for the season with high-quality offense and defense. Attendance at the game was 2,426.
The Fury started strong, dominating the first half. The first goal of the game was scored in the first quarter by Fury midfielder Justin Stinson and was assisted by forward Franck Tayou. Next, Fury midfielder Juan Carlos "Charlie" Gonzalez made an unassisted goal. In the second quarter, Fury defender Thiago Goncalves scored a goal on a foul against Outlaws forward, Bradlee Baladez. In celebration, Goncalves approached the crowd in the stands and proposed to his girlfriend. Gonzalez assisted the goal. The Fury's next goal was made by Tayou and assisted by Stinson. Outlaws defender Leo Duarte was served a blue card for tripping Tayou. Several attempts were made, but Outlaws goalkeeper Eduardo Cortes was able to prevent the Fury from scoring during their power play.
The Outlaws were able to improve their shots on goal in the second half, while reducing Ontario's. In the third quarter, Gonzalez, assisted by Tayou, scored a point. The Fury scored two last goals in the fourth: one by defender Maicon De Abreu, assisted by Tayou; the last goal of the night made by midfielder Jesus Pacheco, assisted by De Abreu.
All three stars of the game were awarded to Fury players. Gonzalez received first star for making two goals and one assist; Goncalves received second star for scoring a goal; and goalkeeper Chis Toth received third star for his efforts.
The Outlaws play their next game against Utica City FC at Mesquite Arena on Thursday, Feb. 13 at 7:05 p.m. Central Time. Fans are invited out for "Celebrate Mesquite" night! The team is offering free tickets to Mesquite ISD students and Mesquite Mayor Bruce Archer will make an appearance. Tickets are available at mesquiteoutlaws.com. Fans can watch the game on MASL.tv, or follow along with the action on Facebook or Twitter.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 8, 2020
- Sidekicks Drop First of Two-Game Series - Dallas Sidekicks
- Wave Dominate Rival Comets Saturday Night - Milwaukee Wave
- Sockers Run out of Gas in Florida - San Diego Sockers
- Ambush Take the Heat - St. Louis Ambush
- Wave Crash Comets in Milwaukee - Kansas City Comets
- After Strong First Half by Lancers, Blast Pulls Away to Win - Rochester Lancers
- Parreiras Nets Three to Lift Tropics to 8th Straight Win, 8-5 over Visiting San Diego Sockers - Florida Tropics SC
- Blast Defeat Rochester 14-5 - Baltimore Blast
- St. Louis Ambush Loan Adamson to Orlando - St. Louis Ambush
- SeaWolves Add Veteran Midfielder Corey Adamson on Loan - Orlando SeaWolves
- Tacoma Stars Outscore the Cal Express - Turlock Cal Express
- Stars Sweep Season Series with Turlock with 10-3 Win - Tacoma Stars
- Fury Shutout Outlaws - Ontario Fury
- Mesquite Outlaws Lose Game vs. Ontario Fury, 7-0 - Mesquite Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Mesquite Outlaws Stories
- Mesquite Opts Out of MASL Season
- Mesquite Native Re-Signs with His Home Town Team for Next Two Seasons
- Mesquite Outlaws Add Forward Cameron Brown to 20-21 Roster
- 2019-2020 All-MASL Rookie Team Goalkeeper Re-Signs with the Outlaws for Next Two Seasons
- First Goal Scorer in Team History Re-Signs with Mesquite Outlaws