Blast Defeat Rochester 14-5
Baltimore, MD - The Blast entered tonight's matchup with a perfect 20-0 record all time against Rochester and improved to 21-0 with another victory.
On First Responders Night in Baltimore, it was the opportune time for Mike Deasel (also a firefighter) to record his first goal of the season. Deasel's goal put the Blast up but in the final minute of the quarter Rochester was able to record back-to-back goals from Jeremy Loncao and Frankie Cilberto to gain a 2-1 lead.
Four seconds into the second quarter, Vini Dantas would tie the game at two with a goal assisted by Jonathan Melo. Minutes later Jonathan Melo would record his ninth goal of the season to put the Blast up 3-2. Rochester would answer with a goal from Alex Harding but before the end of the half, Marco Nascimento found the back of the net to send the Blast into the locker room leading 4-3.
The Blast came out in the third quarter and recorded four straight goals. Mohamed N'diaye, Richard Schmermund, Lucas Roque, and Tony Donatelli all found the back of the net to put the Blast up 8-3. Late in the quarter, the Lancers would record two goals to cut the Blast lead down to three. The Blast entered the final quarter leading 8-5.
The Blast offense dominated the fourth quarter with six straight goals. Juan Pereira, Marco Nascimento, Tony Donatelli, Adriano Dos Santos, Andrew Hoxie, and Tony Donatelli recorded goals to put the game out of reach for Rochester. At the final buzzer, the Blast defeated the Lancers 14-5.
The Blast were led by Tony Donatelli, Mohamed N'diaye, and Jonathan Melo who all recorded four points in the game. The Blast saw eleven players find the scoresheet in the victory.
The Blast are back in action tomorrow night at the SECU Arena. They will take on the Orlando Seawolves at 5:05 p.m. Tickets are available through TicketMaster.
MASL Match Report February 8, 2020
Rochester Lancers @ Baltimore Blast: SECU Arena
Kickoff: 6:05p.m. ET
Quarter 1 2 3 4 F
Rochester 2 1 2 0 5
Baltimore 1 3 4 6 14
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 8, 2020
- Sidekicks Drop First of Two-Game Series - Dallas Sidekicks
- Wave Dominate Rival Comets Saturday Night - Milwaukee Wave
- Sockers Run out of Gas in Florida - San Diego Sockers
- Ambush Take the Heat - St. Louis Ambush
- Wave Crash Comets in Milwaukee - Kansas City Comets
- After Strong First Half by Lancers, Blast Pulls Away to Win - Rochester Lancers
- Parreiras Nets Three to Lift Tropics to 8th Straight Win, 8-5 over Visiting San Diego Sockers - Florida Tropics SC
- Blast Defeat Rochester 14-5 - Baltimore Blast
- St. Louis Ambush Loan Adamson to Orlando - St. Louis Ambush
- SeaWolves Add Veteran Midfielder Corey Adamson on Loan - Orlando SeaWolves
- Tacoma Stars Outscore the Cal Express - Turlock Cal Express
- Stars Sweep Season Series with Turlock with 10-3 Win - Tacoma Stars
- Fury Shutout Outlaws - Ontario Fury
- Mesquite Outlaws Lose Game vs. Ontario Fury, 7-0 - Mesquite Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.