Sidekicks Drop First of Two-Game Series
Allen, TX - The Dallas Sidekicks lost against the Sonora Soles 11-7. The Sidekicks' next game will be on the road against Monterrey Flash on February 10th, 2020 at 8:05PM CT in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico at Arena Monterrey.
Within the first six minutes of the first quarter, Sidekicks defender Kleber Bismarck took a shot on goal, scoring the first point of the game for the Sidekicks. Then the Soles went on a scoring frenzy with Soles players Erick Flores scoring one goal and Jesus Alberto Avendano scoring two more all within a little over five minutes of each other. The quarter ended with the Soles leading 3-1.
The second quarter started with Sidekicks forward Felipe De Sousa scoring and it brought the score to 3-2. A minute later, Sonora's Christian Espinoza scored to increase their lead yet again. Dallas player Ricardinho Cavalcante saw an empty Sonora goal, took a big shot and brought the score to 4-3. Shortly after, Cavalcante was blue carded for contact above the shoulder, giving the Soles a power play. Soles midfielder Enrique Cañez took advantage of the power play and scored a goal for his team. The quarter ended with the Sidekicks trailing 5-3.
After seven minutes into the third quarter, Sonora's Flores scored his second goal of the night and almost immediately afterward, Dallas' Jonathan Segura scored. With these goals, the Soles were still leading 6-4. In the last three minutes of the quarter, Cavalcante tried to close the point gap, scoring his second goal to bring the Sidekicks up to five goals. Sonora's Daniel Lopez shot back less than thirty seconds later and scored another goal for his team. The quarter ended with the Soles in the lead 7-5.
Both teams came out strong in the fourth quarter, but Sonora's Lopez managed to score first. Shortly after, the Soles scored yet again, this time by Cañez. The Soles led by four points, 9-5. De Sousa was blue carded for holding but the Soles were unable to take advantage of the power play. In the last five minutes of the quarter, both teams seemed to take turns scoring. Lopez scored his third goal of the night for the Soles. Sidekicks player Billy O'Dwyer scored less than a minute later but then Soles' Cañez scored his third of the night, bringing the score to 11-6. O'Dwyer got one last shot in and scored another goal for the Sidekicks. The game ended with the Sidekicks losing 11-7.
Be sure to come to the Sidekicks next home game on Feb. 14th, 2020 at 7.30PM CT against Utica City FC at the Allen Event Center in Allen, TX. Single-game tickets are on sale now for all home games and season tickets are still available. Call the Sidekicks at 469.393.0165 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 8, 2020
- Sidekicks Drop First of Two-Game Series - Dallas Sidekicks
- Wave Dominate Rival Comets Saturday Night - Milwaukee Wave
- Sockers Run out of Gas in Florida - San Diego Sockers
- Ambush Take the Heat - St. Louis Ambush
- Wave Crash Comets in Milwaukee - Kansas City Comets
- After Strong First Half by Lancers, Blast Pulls Away to Win - Rochester Lancers
- Parreiras Nets Three to Lift Tropics to 8th Straight Win, 8-5 over Visiting San Diego Sockers - Florida Tropics SC
- Blast Defeat Rochester 14-5 - Baltimore Blast
- St. Louis Ambush Loan Adamson to Orlando - St. Louis Ambush
- SeaWolves Add Veteran Midfielder Corey Adamson on Loan - Orlando SeaWolves
- Tacoma Stars Outscore the Cal Express - Turlock Cal Express
- Stars Sweep Season Series with Turlock with 10-3 Win - Tacoma Stars
- Fury Shutout Outlaws - Ontario Fury
- Mesquite Outlaws Lose Game vs. Ontario Fury, 7-0 - Mesquite Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.