Stars Acquire Paul White
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, have acquired forward Paul White from the Raptors 905. In exchange, the Raptors receive the Stars' third-round selection in the 2020 NBA G League Draft. In a corresponding roster move, the team waived forward Alonzo Nelson-Ododa.
White (6-9, 225, Oregon) has appeared in three games with the Raptors 905 this season, averaging 3.0 points and 1.7 rebounds in 14.7 minutes. The Chicago, Ill., native appeared in 71 games (60 starts) for Oregon over two seasons, averaging 10.2 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 25.3 minutes. White played his first two collegiate seasons at Georgetown, where he appeared in 40 games and averaged 4.4 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 16.9 minutes.
Nelson-Ododa (6-9, 235, Pittsburgh) did not appear in a game with the Stars this season due to a left knee injury. The forward appeared in seven games (four starts) with Salt Lake City in 2017-18, averaging 7.0 points and 6.1 rebounds in 22.5 minutes. He was originally drafted by the Stars (33rd overall) in the 2017 NBA G League Draft.
Salt Lake City will complete its two-game road swing with a game at the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (Houston Rockets affiliate) tonight at 6 p.m. (MT), which will be broadcast on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 26, 2019
- Iowa Torches Northern Arizona in First Road Win of Season - Iowa Wolves
- Knicks Defense Helps Sever Skid in Convincing 109-95 Victory - Westchester Knicks
- Mad Ants Fall in Westchester - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Vipers Fall Short to Stars in OT - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Acquires Jarrett Jack - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stars Acquire Paul White - Salt Lake City Stars
- Timberwolves Assign Jaylen Nowell to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- NBA G League News and Notes - November 26 - G League
- Long Island Nets and WRHU 88.7 FM Radio Hofstra University Expand Exclusive Broadcast Rights to Include Television Production - Long Island Nets
- Hornets Recall Caleb Martin and Jalen McDaniels from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 113-107 to the Texas Legends - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Sold out Crowd Sparks Texas in Final Minutes - Texas Legends
- Austin Spurs Capture 97-71 Win over Lakeland Magic - Austin Spurs
- Hustle Run Away from Red Claws in Battle of Unbeatens - Memphis Hustle
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.