Skyforce Acquires Jarrett Jack
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Sioux Falls Skyforce announced today that the team has acquired 13-year NBA veteran Jarrett Jack via returning player rights. Jack was previously acquired by the Skyforce on March 5, 2019 and appeared in one game last season, tallying 21 points, seven assists and five rebounds before suffering a season-ending injury.
Jack, a 6-3, 200-pound guard out of Georgia Tech has appeared in 867 career NBA games (399 starts) and averaged 10.8 points, 4.6 assists and 2.9 rebounds in just under 28 minutes per contest. Over his 13-year career, Jack has played for the Portland Trail Blazers, Indiana Pacers, Toronto Raptors, New Orleans Pelicans, Golden State Warriors, Cleveland Cavaliers, Brooklyn Nets, and the New York Knicks.
Jack had a successful two-year stint with the Brooklyn Nets in which he averaged 12.2 points, 5.4 assists and 3.2 rebounds from 2014-16, including a career-high 35-point outing against one of his former teams, the Toronto Raptors, on January 30, 2016. In total, Jack has tallied 9,349 points and 3,950 assists in his NBA career.
Jack has also appeared in 24 NBA playoff games (four starts) for the New Orleans Pelicans, Golden State Warriors and Brooklyn Nets. During the 2012-13 NBA post season with the Warriors, Jack averaged a career-best 17.2 points, 4.6 assists and 4.4 rebounds per contest across 12 appearances (four starts).
Prior to his professional career, Jack played three collegiate seasons at Georgia Tech, appearing in 101 games (100 starts) and averaging 12.5 points, 5.4 assists, 4.5 rebounds and 1.8 steals per contest. As a senior during the 2004-05 season, Jack averaged 15.5 points, 4.9 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game on his way to being named to the All-ACC Second Team and the ACC All-Tournament Second Team.
Jack will be available in advance of Sioux Falls' three-game homestand this week, starting with a matchup against the Texas Legends tomorrow night at 6:30PM CT at the Sanford Pentagon. Forward Jordan Swopshire has been waived in completing the transaction.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 26, 2019
- Iowa Torches Northern Arizona in First Road Win of Season - Iowa Wolves
- Knicks Defense Helps Sever Skid in Convincing 109-95 Victory - Westchester Knicks
- Mad Ants Fall in Westchester - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Vipers Fall Short to Stars in OT - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Skyforce Acquires Jarrett Jack - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stars Acquire Paul White - Salt Lake City Stars
- Timberwolves Assign Jaylen Nowell to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- NBA G League News and Notes - November 26 - G League
- Long Island Nets and WRHU 88.7 FM Radio Hofstra University Expand Exclusive Broadcast Rights to Include Television Production - Long Island Nets
- Hornets Recall Caleb Martin and Jalen McDaniels from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall 113-107 to the Texas Legends - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Sold out Crowd Sparks Texas in Final Minutes - Texas Legends
- Austin Spurs Capture 97-71 Win over Lakeland Magic - Austin Spurs
- Hustle Run Away from Red Claws in Battle of Unbeatens - Memphis Hustle
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.