St. Cloud's Bullpen Shines, Rox Drop Series Finale to Willmar
Willmar, MN - Cam Kine (Minnesota State-Mankato) had a great day at the plate, but St. Cloud (8-10) dropped the series finale to Willmar by a final score of 10-3. The Rox bullpen was strong throughout the game.
St. Cloud had a big fifth inning in which they plated three runs. Kline drilled an RBI-double to the gap in left field that scored Freddy Achecar (Georgetown) and Trent Brown (Oklahoma). Ben Carew (Kent State) would later drive in Kline with an RBI single that skipped off of the third base bag.
Carter Bosch (Georgetown) received the start on the mound. He was followed by Kevin Davis (USC Upstate), Drew Garrett (Johnson County CC), Max Rippl (Kent State) and Justin Wick (Creighton) out of the bullpen. Garrett struck out each of the three batters he faced, Rippl struck out two batters and Wick struck out the side in the eighth inning.
Carew had two hits on the day while Hance Smith (California-Berkeley), Garrett Delano (Brown), Achecar, Brown, Kline and Tyler Finke (Southeastern Louisiana) all recorded a hit each.
The Rox now open a two-game road series with the Rochester Honkers. First pitch from Mayo Field on Friday is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
St. Cloud returns home on Sunday against the Duluth Huskies with a 4:05 p.m. first pitch time. It's Father's Day at the ballpark. It's also a Coborn's Kids Day, where children will have the opportunity to run the bases and get autographs on the field after the game.
All single games tickets - including to the home opener - can be purchased now in person at the Rox Ticket Office located at the Municipal Athletic Complex, by calling the Rox Ticket office at 320-240-9798 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or 24 hours a day by visiting www.stcloudrox.com.
Images from this story
St. Cloud Rox mascot Chisel
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Booyah Shutout for the First Time All Season - Green Bay Booyah
- Bombers Walk off on Rivets in Dramatic Comeback - Battle Creek Bombers
- Rafters Shut out Booyah in Divisional Win - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Defeat Woodchucks to Continue Win Streak - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Lose Lead in the Fourth Inning, Falling to Mallards 5-3 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Pit Spitters Offense Explodes in Series Opening Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Duluth Huskies Weekly Recap: Week 3 - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Travel to Green Bay for Division Tilt - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks to Hold Youth Baseball Camp on June 22 - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards Host Series against Woodchucks - Madison Mallards
- Chinooks Drop Two in Madison - Lakeshore Chinooks
- St. Cloud's Bullpen Shines, Rox Drop Series Finale to Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.