Booyah Shutout for the First Time All Season
Ashwaubenon, WI - It was one of those nights for the Booyah at home, as they fell 9-0 to the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters for the second time this season.
Chris Jefferson was handed the loss on the night, going four innings and giving up four runs in total. Jefferson truly only struggled at the end of his fourth inning of work, when he was only one out away from getting out of the fourth.
In the bullpen, Dalton Wiggins went two scoreless frames and held the score at 4-0 going into the seventh inning. In the seventh, Logan Lee gave up a long ball to extend the Rafters lead to 5-0. In the eight, the Booyah gave up four more runs, and Wisconsin Rapids pulled away and secured their 10th victory.
At the plate, Green Bay only picked up three hits, two coming off the bat of Nick Kreutzer. Kreutzer finished with two singles, going 2-4. In his first career at bat for Green Bay, John Tuccillo recorded a single, giving the Booyah one thing to smile about on the night.
"I was looking fastball all the way on that first pitch." Tuccillo said. "I just got barrel on the ball and took it up the middle."
Green Bay looks to respond against Wisconsin Rapids tomorrow at Witter Field at 6:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Booyah Shutout for the First Time All Season - Green Bay Booyah
- Bombers Walk off on Rivets in Dramatic Comeback - Battle Creek Bombers
- Rafters Shut out Booyah in Divisional Win - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Defeat Woodchucks to Continue Win Streak - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Lose Lead in the Fourth Inning, Falling to Mallards 5-3 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Pit Spitters Offense Explodes in Series Opening Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Duluth Huskies Weekly Recap: Week 3 - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Travel to Green Bay for Division Tilt - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks to Hold Youth Baseball Camp on June 22 - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards Host Series against Woodchucks - Madison Mallards
- Chinooks Drop Two in Madison - Lakeshore Chinooks
- St. Cloud's Bullpen Shines, Rox Drop Series Finale to Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah to Hold First Winter Warmup Event on January 9th
- Booyah Announce 2020 Northwoods League Schedule
- Booyah Bring Back Six Players from 2019
- Tom Carty Inks Contract for Second Season
- Booyah & Voyageurs Announce Ticket Package Pricing and Renewal Information for 2020 Season