Mallards Host Series against Woodchucks
MADISON, Wis - Last night, the Madison Mallards (13-4) had a thrilling walk-off single to end their series against Lakeshore (5-13). The Mallards competed in a doubleheader and swept the Chinooks to jump back into the win column.
The Mallards claimed the first game with a 7-6 win after resuming the game in the top of the fifth inning. The victory was fueled by back-to-back home runs late in the game to put the Mallards on top. Carrying the momentum into game two, Nick Gile (Madison College) became the hero for Madison after hitting a walk-off single in the extra inning to award Madison the sweep.
Tonight, the Mallards host game one of a two-game series against in-state rival, the Wisconsin Woodchucks (10-8). The Woodchucks are currently in third place in the Great Lakes West division behind the Mallards and the Green Bay Booyah (10-7).
The series marks the second meeting between the division rivals. Last time the teams competed in a two game series at Athletic Park, where the Mallards earned the sweep.
On the mound for his second start this summer is Eliot Turnquist (Madison College). His first appearance on the mound was against the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders on June 8. In his debut, Turquist earned the win after pitching through six strong innings, earning six strikeouts, and walking only two. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 p.m.
This evening's game features Solid Rock 94.1 JJO 90's Night with Pete Wheeler bobblehead presented by Festival Foods and WKOW. Gates open at 5:05. Hear every pitch of the 2019 Mallards' season live on The Zone, 96.7 FM and 1670 AM.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Booyah Shutout for the First Time All Season - Green Bay Booyah
- Bombers Walk off on Rivets in Dramatic Comeback - Battle Creek Bombers
- Rafters Shut out Booyah in Divisional Win - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Defeat Woodchucks to Continue Win Streak - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Lose Lead in the Fourth Inning, Falling to Mallards 5-3 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Pit Spitters Offense Explodes in Series Opening Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Duluth Huskies Weekly Recap: Week 3 - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Travel to Green Bay for Division Tilt - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks to Hold Youth Baseball Camp on June 22 - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards Host Series against Woodchucks - Madison Mallards
- Chinooks Drop Two in Madison - Lakeshore Chinooks
- St. Cloud's Bullpen Shines, Rox Drop Series Finale to Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.