Rafters Shut out Booyah in Divisional Win
Green Bay, Wis. - The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (10-8) held the Green Bay Booyah (10-8) to just three hits and posted nine runs in a 9-0 shutout victory over their division rival Friday.
Peter Matt put the Rafters up early with a two-run home run in the top of the second inning. Wisconsin Rapids added another pair of runs in the fourth inning on RBIs by Richie Schiekofer and Anthony Galason.
Osvaldo Tovalin led off the seventh inning with a home run to right field to put the Rafters on top 5-0. Wisconsin Rapids added two more insurance runs in the eighth, including a solo homer by Johnny Gonzales.
Rapids starter Gareth Stroh pitched seven shutout innings, allowing just two hits and striking out six batters to earn the win. Izzy Fuentes pitched the final two innings, fanning one batter and giving up one hit. Booyah starter Chris Jefferson gets the loss in four innings of work.
Wisconsin Rapids returns home Saturday for a 6:05 game against the Booyah for a Lebakkens Father's Day tool set giveaway, along with a postgame pint glass giveaway presented by Awards N More and Kari Van Ert of State Farm.
Want to attend a Rafters game this season? Single-game tickets are on sale now. For more information on all Rafters ticket offerings visit Raftersbaseball.com, call the Rafthouse at 715-424-5400, or come visit us over at historic Witter Field. The Rafters ticket office is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at Witter Field, 521 Lincoln Street in Wisconsin Rapids.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Booyah Shutout for the First Time All Season - Green Bay Booyah
- Bombers Walk off on Rivets in Dramatic Comeback - Battle Creek Bombers
- Rafters Shut out Booyah in Divisional Win - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Defeat Woodchucks to Continue Win Streak - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Lose Lead in the Fourth Inning, Falling to Mallards 5-3 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Pit Spitters Offense Explodes in Series Opening Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Duluth Huskies Weekly Recap: Week 3 - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Travel to Green Bay for Division Tilt - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks to Hold Youth Baseball Camp on June 22 - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards Host Series against Woodchucks - Madison Mallards
- Chinooks Drop Two in Madison - Lakeshore Chinooks
- St. Cloud's Bullpen Shines, Rox Drop Series Finale to Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.