Rafters Travel to Green Bay for Division Tilt
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis. - After steamrolling Fond du Lac in a comeback victory Thursday, the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (9-8) look to pull even with the Green Bay Booyah (10-7) in the Great Lakes West Division standings Friday.
Despite trailing 3-0 in the sixth inning, the Rafters posted six runs in the bottom of that frame and never relinquished the lead on their way to a 12-3 triumph. New Rafter Davion Downey went 2-for-4 with three RBIs in his debut.
Wisconsin Rapids, which boasts the no. 2 pitching staff in the league, will start Gareth Stroh tonight. The lefty gave up one hit over four innings in his lone start this season. Chris Jefferson, a New Mexico State product with a 1-0 record, will get the start for Green Bay.
Wisconsin Rapids returns home Saturday for a 6:05 game against the Booyah for a Lebakkens Father's Day tool set giveaway, along with a postgame pint glass giveaway presented by Awards N More and Kari Van Ert of State Farm.
Want to attend a Rafters game this season? Single-game tickets are on sale now. For more information on all Rafters ticket offerings visit Raftersbaseball.com, call the Rafthouse at 715-424-5400, or come visit us over at historic Witter Field. The Rafters ticket office is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at Witter Field, 521 Lincoln Street in Wisconsin Rapids.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Booyah Shutout for the First Time All Season - Green Bay Booyah
- Bombers Walk off on Rivets in Dramatic Comeback - Battle Creek Bombers
- Rafters Shut out Booyah in Divisional Win - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Defeat Woodchucks to Continue Win Streak - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Lose Lead in the Fourth Inning, Falling to Mallards 5-3 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Pit Spitters Offense Explodes in Series Opening Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Duluth Huskies Weekly Recap: Week 3 - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Travel to Green Bay for Division Tilt - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bucks to Hold Youth Baseball Camp on June 22 - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards Host Series against Woodchucks - Madison Mallards
- Chinooks Drop Two in Madison - Lakeshore Chinooks
- St. Cloud's Bullpen Shines, Rox Drop Series Finale to Willmar - St. Cloud Rox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.