South Bay's Offense Powers Team to Home Win over Austin
EL SEGUNDO - The South Bay Lakers showcased their offensive prowess as they beat the Austin Spurs, 148-138, on Wednesday night. David Stockton led the way for the Lakers (19-25) with 27 points and eight assists. Quinndary Weatherspoon paced the Spurs (24-18) with a game-high 30 points.
South Bay took a 40-30 advantage after one, behind a combined 21 points from Kostas Antetokounmpo and Talen Horton-Tucker in the opening frame. The Lakers held a 79-69 halftime lead as Devontae Cacok scored 10 points in the second quarter alone.
Austin crept back in the third quarter, but the Lakers still led by two, 107-105, through three quarters thanks to a combined 13 points from Reggie Hearn and Pierre Jackson in the third. David Stockton exploded for 15 points in the fourth quarter and the Lakers ran away with the win.
Weatherspoon's big night led Austin, while Chimezie Metu finished with 24 points and Kenny Williams scored 22 points. Dedric Lawson had 13 points to lead the second unit and Jeff Ledbetter tallied 12 points. Angel Rodriguez (11 points), Daulton Hommes (10 points) and Luka Samanic (10 points) also finished in double figures.
Stockton's big night guided the Lakers to the win and Cacok finished with a 20-point, 13-rebound double-double. Horton-Tucker had 22 points, six rebounds and five assists, while Kostas Antetokounmpo recorded 20 points and eight rebounds and Jackson tallied 17 points, five rebounds and seven assists. Hearn scored 15 points and Marcus Allen also finished in double digits with 11 points.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 12, 2020
- Vipers Statement on NBA Suspending Season - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Northern Arizona Suns Release Statement - Northern Arizona Suns
- Canton Charge Statement - March 12, 2020 - Canton Charge
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Sacramento Kings Issue Statement on NBA Suspending Season - Stockton Kings
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play - Iowa Wolves
- Statement from SS&E CEO RC Buford - Austin Spurs
- Statement from the Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Lakeland Magic Statement on NBA Suspending Operations - Lakeland Magic
- Oklahoma City Falls to Stockton - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers - Austin Spurs
- South Bay's Offense Powers Team to Home Win over Austin - South Bay Lakers
- NBA G League to Suspend 2019-20 Season - G League
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.