Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers
Edinburg, Texas - The Iowa Wolves (19-24) took the go-ahead lead with 6.1 seconds remaining on a layup from Jarred Vanderbilt to defeat the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (15-27) 128-126 on the road Wednesday night.
The Wolves finish the season series with the Vipers tied at 2-2.
Lindell Wigginton scored a team-high 24 points on 9-of-18 shooting from the floor. The former Cyclone also recorded 10 rebounds and six assists in his second double-double of the season.
Iowa led by as many as 22 points during the contest and shot 54.4% from the field as a team. When shooting above 54.0% from the field the Wolves are undefeated (7-0) so far this season.
Minnesota Timberwolves assignees Omari Spellman and Vanderbilt finished with 19 points apiece. Spellman shot 8-of-12 from the floor, including 3-of-4 from beyond the arc while recording seven rebounds, five assists and three blocked shots. Vanderbilt shot 8-of-12 from the floor and added five rebounds and four assists in the win.
The Wolves tallied 34 assists on the evening, three shy of their previous season high.
Barry Brown Jr. chipped in 17 points and a game-high nine assists for the visiting team.
The Wolves continue their four-game road trip on Sunday afternoon against the Memphis Hustle, resuming their previously suspended game at 1:00 p.m. CT at the FedEx Forum. The game between the Wolves and Hustle was previously played on Nov. 11, 2019 before a leak in the roof of the Landers Center caused play to halt with 4:09 to play in the second quarter.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 12, 2020
- Vipers Statement on NBA Suspending Season - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Northern Arizona Suns Release Statement - Northern Arizona Suns
- Canton Charge Statement - March 12, 2020 - Canton Charge
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Sacramento Kings Issue Statement on NBA Suspending Season - Stockton Kings
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play - Iowa Wolves
- Statement from SS&E CEO RC Buford - Austin Spurs
- Statement from the Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Lakeland Magic Statement on NBA Suspending Operations - Lakeland Magic
- Oklahoma City Falls to Stockton - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers - Austin Spurs
- South Bay's Offense Powers Team to Home Win over Austin - South Bay Lakers
- NBA G League to Suspend 2019-20 Season - G League
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.