Statement from the Maine Red Claws
PORTLAND, Maine - The announcement that the NBA G League has suspended our season is an unfortunate but necessary decision, one that the Maine Red Claws fully support.
We have learned that two players on the Utah Jazz preliminarily tested positive for COVID-19. While the Boston Celtics were playing the Jazz in Boston on Friday, March 6, two players from the Celtics were playing on assignment in Maine. Those two Celtics players remained in Maine until the completion of our afternoon home game on Sunday, March 8.
We have been working closely with the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and given what we have been informed about the incubation period of COVID-19, the CDC has determined that no Red Claws players, staff, nor game attendees face any significant risk from the case involving the Utah players. It has been determined that no quarantine is necessary, nor is testing necessary for Red Claws players at this time.
The Red Claws will continue to use extreme caution in taking every measure to be vigilant and safe, and while we are happy that this case doesn't significantly increase any of our community members' general risk from COVID-19, we recommend along with the CDC that all members of the community follow CDC guidelines for personal hygiene and for notifying health professionals in the event of any symptoms. We will continue to monitor developments and provide information as we continue to work with the NBA and the Celtics, as well as health officials both locally and nationally.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 12, 2020
- Vipers Statement on NBA Suspending Season - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Northern Arizona Suns Release Statement - Northern Arizona Suns
- Canton Charge Statement - March 12, 2020 - Canton Charge
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Sacramento Kings Issue Statement on NBA Suspending Season - Stockton Kings
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play - Iowa Wolves
- Statement from SS&E CEO RC Buford - Austin Spurs
- Statement from the Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Lakeland Magic Statement on NBA Suspending Operations - Lakeland Magic
- Oklahoma City Falls to Stockton - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers - Austin Spurs
- South Bay's Offense Powers Team to Home Win over Austin - South Bay Lakers
- NBA G League to Suspend 2019-20 Season - G League
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Maine Red Claws Stories
- Tacko Fall, Tremont Waters Receive All-NBA G League Honors
- Tremont Waters Named NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws on Cancellation of 2019-20 NBA G League Season
- Red Claws, TD Bank Launch "Fueling the Frontline" Today
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws