Sounders FC Celebrates Youth Soccer at Sunday's Match, Reminds Fans of Kickoff Time Change
SEATTLE, WASH. - Seattle Sounders FC wishes to remind fans and media of a kickoff time change for Sunday's match against the LA Galaxy at CenturyLink Field, with the Western Conference contest scheduled for 3:30 p.m. PT (FS1, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM).
The change has been reflected on the club's website, mobile app, and online outlets for some time, but fans with printed tickets or older printed schedules should take note that 3:30 p.m. PT is the correct kickoff time.
The Rave Green also have special activities planned to celebrate the region's youth soccer community on Sunday, beginning with hosting a portion of the Eastside Youth Soccer Association's annual jamboree tournament at CenturyLink Field from 8:00-11:30 a.m. PT on Sunday, featuring local clubs Newport FC, Lake Hills Soccer Club, Bellevue United FC, Issaquah FC and Mercer Island FC.
Later in the afternoon, at 2:00 p.m. PT, the club hosts its first Youth Soccer Day and Commemorative Picture event. Through this experience, local youth soccer clubs have the opportunity to parade alongside the pitch while being recognized, culminating with a group photo in the north goal. Sounders FC forward Will Bruin is joining the young soccer stars in the photo and will visit with participants. Additionally, Zulily is providing a Sounders FC jersey to each participating team to use as they see fit for fundraising efforts.
In the North Plaza before the match, young fans of all skill levels are invited to enjoy a variety of inflatable soccer-related games, as well as the RAVE Octagon, a mini pop-up court.
The afternoon's anthem is a special duet being performed by Sounders FC anthem singer Jonathan Wright and Wanz. Wanz, a Seattle native, is a singer, songwriter and rapper known for his work in Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop."
Following a 2-1 Cascadia Cup-clinching win on Friday over archrival Portland Timbers, Sounders FC (12-8-7) sits in third place in the Western Conference with 43 points, one point ahead of the LA Galaxy and Minnesota United FC.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 29, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: August 29, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy and Zlatan Ibrahimovic Team up to Fight ALS - LA Galaxy
- Elis, Figueroa Named to Honduras Roster for International Friendlies - Houston Dynamo
- Sounders FC Celebrates Youth Soccer at Sunday's Match, Reminds Fans of Kickoff Time Change - Seattle Sounders FC
- Philadelphia Union Exercise 2020 Contract Option on Forward Kacper Przybylko - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC Works to Kick Childhood Cancer Throughout the Month of September - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Orlando City Travel to San Jose for Saturday Match - Orlando City SC
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Announce Partnership with World's Leading Football Recruiting Firm Nolan Partners - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MLS Helping to Kick Childhood Cancer with League-Wide Campaign - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Award $43,370 in Community Fund Grants - Portland Timbers
- D.C. United and MLS Support Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with Sixth Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - D.C. United
- Match Preview: New York Hosts Colorado on Military Appreciation Night - New York Red Bulls
- MLS, Atlanta United Supports Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with 6th Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - Atlanta United FC
- Houston Dynamo and MLS Announce Initiatives for National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month - Houston Dynamo
- Major League Soccer Supports Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with 6th Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Advances Past LAFC with 3-1 Victory in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. LAFC - November 28, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Seattle Sounders FC Confirms Positive COVID-19 Case
- Seattle Supports Sounders FC Ahead of Opening Round Playoff Battle against LAFC
- Three Sounders FC Players Named to 2020 MLS Best XI