Philadelphia Union Exercise 2020 Contract Option on Forward Kacper Przybylko
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union announced today that the club has exercised their 2020 option on forward Kacper Przybylko, making his contract guaranteed for next season. Additionally, the Union retain a 2021 team option on the striker.
"From the moment we signed Kacper, he has worked incredibly hard to become a key contributor to our team," said Ernst Tanner, Union Sporting Director. "Exercising his option was an easy decision for us as we continue to plan for 2020 and beyond while also aiming to finish 2019 strong."
Przybylko leads the Union with 12 goals in 21 appearances (20 starts) this season, and he ranks sixth in all of MLS in goal-scoring. His goals-per-game ratio of 0.57 is the highest single-season total in Union history, exceeding Sebastien Le Toux's 0.50 (14 goals in 28 games) during the club's inaugural season in 2010.
The Union take on Atlanta United FC on Saturday at Talen Energy Stadium in a clash between the top two teams in the Eastern Conference (7:30 p.m. ET / PHL17).
TRANSACTION: Philadelphia Union exercise the 2020 contract option on forward Kacper Przybylko on August 29, 2019. The team retains a club option on Przybylko for 2021.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 29, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: August 29, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy and Zlatan Ibrahimovic Team up to Fight ALS - LA Galaxy
- Elis, Figueroa Named to Honduras Roster for International Friendlies - Houston Dynamo
- Sounders FC Celebrates Youth Soccer at Sunday's Match, Reminds Fans of Kickoff Time Change - Seattle Sounders FC
- Philadelphia Union Exercise 2020 Contract Option on Forward Kacper Przybylko - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC Works to Kick Childhood Cancer Throughout the Month of September - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Orlando City Travel to San Jose for Saturday Match - Orlando City SC
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Announce Partnership with World's Leading Football Recruiting Firm Nolan Partners - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MLS Helping to Kick Childhood Cancer with League-Wide Campaign - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Award $43,370 in Community Fund Grants - Portland Timbers
- D.C. United and MLS Support Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with Sixth Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - D.C. United
- Match Preview: New York Hosts Colorado on Military Appreciation Night - New York Red Bulls
- MLS, Atlanta United Supports Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with 6th Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - Atlanta United FC
- Houston Dynamo and MLS Announce Initiatives for National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month - Houston Dynamo
- Major League Soccer Supports Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with 6th Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Philadelphia Union Acquire up to $225,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Kai Wagner to New Contract
- Philadelphia Union Acquire $50,000 in Allocation Money from FC Dallas
- Philadelphia Union Agree to Transfer of Defender Mark McKenzie to K.R.C. Genk in Record-Breaking Transfer of a Center Back
- Philadelphia Union Announce Danny Higginbotham as Primary Broadcast Color Analyst