MLS, Atlanta United Supports Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with 6th Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign
ATLANTA - MLS WORKS, Major League Soccer's social responsibility platform, will officially launch its 6th annual Kick Childhood Cancer campaign benefitting Children's Oncology Group (COG), on Saturday, Aug. 31 as part of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Supported by all 24 MLS clubs, the month-long campaign will feature a commemorative gold adidas Nativo Questra 2019 Official Match Ball to be used during all matches as well as gold corner flags and goal nets. Kick Childhood Cancer gold captain's armbands and gold ribbon jersey patches will be worn by the players and coaches and technical staff will adorn Kick Childhood Cancer caps and pins on the sideline.
Atlanta United will kick off its annual Unite & Conquer Cancer campaign with a visit to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta to visit patients and distribute 2019 Team Blankets that include personal messages from First team players and the team's Scarf of the Month - designed by a Children's patient. Additional events include visits to other Children's campuses, pediatric nurse appreciation meals, and exclusive VIP events for special Conquer Kids that are currently fighting pediatric cancer who will get to spend an afternoon with their favorite Atlanta United player.
The highlight of the campaign will take place during the Sept. 14 home match in which 200 pediatric cancer fighters/survivors and their guest will attend the first-ever Gold Squad Tailgate hosted in partnership with the Atlanta United Supporters Groups prior to the match. Over 400 fighters, survivors, and their families will create a human pediatric cancer ribbon on-field during the anthem ceremonies.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 29, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: August 29, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy and Zlatan Ibrahimovic Team up to Fight ALS - LA Galaxy
- Elis, Figueroa Named to Honduras Roster for International Friendlies - Houston Dynamo
- Sounders FC Celebrates Youth Soccer at Sunday's Match, Reminds Fans of Kickoff Time Change - Seattle Sounders FC
- Philadelphia Union Exercise 2020 Contract Option on Forward Kacper Przybylko - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC Works to Kick Childhood Cancer Throughout the Month of September - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Orlando City Travel to San Jose for Saturday Match - Orlando City SC
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Announce Partnership with World's Leading Football Recruiting Firm Nolan Partners - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MLS Helping to Kick Childhood Cancer with League-Wide Campaign - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Award $43,370 in Community Fund Grants - Portland Timbers
- D.C. United and MLS Support Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with Sixth Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - D.C. United
- Match Preview: New York Hosts Colorado on Military Appreciation Night - New York Red Bulls
- MLS, Atlanta United Supports Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with 6th Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - Atlanta United FC
- Houston Dynamo and MLS Announce Initiatives for National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month - Houston Dynamo
- Major League Soccer Supports Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with 6th Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Signs Ben Lundgaard from ATL UTD 2
- Atlanta United Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule
- Atlanta United unveils "The BLVCK" Kit for 2021 season
- Atlanta United Signs Midfielder Franco Ibarra
- Atlanta United to Unveil New Primary Kit in Advance of Fifth Season