Match Preview: New York Hosts Colorado on Military Appreciation Night
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls (12-11-5, 41 pts) welcome the Colorado Rapids (7-14-6, 27 pts) for Military Appreciate Night, presented by Bayer, on Saturday. Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m. EST with coverage on MSG, MSG Go and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
New York Red Bulls Radio begins at 6 p.m. EST with Countdown to Kickoff, presented by Honda, hosted by Matt Harmon and Steve Jolley. Ernesto Motta will carry the Spanish play-by-play responsibilities, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
New York and Colorado clash as two of MLS' original 10 teams on Saturday, where both teams faced off at least twice a season from 1996 through 2011. The Red Bulls have held serve at Red Bull Arena against the Rapids, owning an undefeated mark of 4-0-3. New York and Colorado last faced off against one another at RBA on March 11, 2017 with the Red Bulls earning a 1-0 win from a Colorado own goal.
New York will look to bounce back from Saturday's 2-1 loss at New York City FC. The Red Bulls own a 5-2-3 mark in league play following a loss with a plus-six goal differential (17 GF, 11 GA). New York has responded with multi-goal performances in five of the 10 matches following a loss. New York's longest losing streak in 2019 is two, which came back in March against Orlando, 1-0 and at Chicago, 1-0.
Red Bulls Designated Player Kaku is looking to catch fire for the remainder of the season as he has tallied a point in back-to-back matches. The Argentine midfielder became the 25th player in franchise history with at least 10 goals and 10 assists following his first-half goal against D.C. United. New York is 5-2-2 when Kaku records a goal or an assist this season.
New York will have a week off of game play before their West Coast trip to face Seattle and Portland. The Red Bulls and Seattle will clash on Sunday, Sept. 15 on ESPN before facing Portland on Wednesday, Sept. 18 on MSG. Both matches will also be covered on Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 29, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: August 29, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy and Zlatan Ibrahimovic Team up to Fight ALS - LA Galaxy
- Elis, Figueroa Named to Honduras Roster for International Friendlies - Houston Dynamo
- Sounders FC Celebrates Youth Soccer at Sunday's Match, Reminds Fans of Kickoff Time Change - Seattle Sounders FC
- Philadelphia Union Exercise 2020 Contract Option on Forward Kacper Przybylko - Philadelphia Union
- Sounders FC Works to Kick Childhood Cancer Throughout the Month of September - Seattle Sounders FC
- Preview: Orlando City Travel to San Jose for Saturday Match - Orlando City SC
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Announce Partnership with World's Leading Football Recruiting Firm Nolan Partners - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MLS Helping to Kick Childhood Cancer with League-Wide Campaign - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Award $43,370 in Community Fund Grants - Portland Timbers
- D.C. United and MLS Support Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with Sixth Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - D.C. United
- Match Preview: New York Hosts Colorado on Military Appreciation Night - New York Red Bulls
- MLS, Atlanta United Supports Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with 6th Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - Atlanta United FC
- Houston Dynamo and MLS Announce Initiatives for National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month - Houston Dynamo
- Major League Soccer Supports Childhood Cancer Awareness Month with 6th Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Match Preview: New York Heads to Philadelphia for Round One of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Luis Robles Named a Finalist for MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year
- New York Red Bulls Name Natasha Patel Head of Performance Analysis
- Post-Game Notes: Red Bulls Lose on the Road to Montreal, Finish Sixth in the East
- Six New York Red Bulls in Action for October International Window