Sound Tigers Stopped by Hartford
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (Dec. 26, 2013) - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers lost to the Hartford Wolf Pack Thursday by a score of 3-1. John Persson had the lone Sound Tigers goal, but two first-period markers by the Wolf Pack were the difference in the contest. Anders Nilsson started in net for the Sound Tigers and saw 33 shots, stopping 30 of them.
Both of Hartford's first-period goals came on the power play, with Oscar Lindberg getting his sixth of the season to open the scoring. Nilsson stopped Syvret's shot from outside, but the rebound came right to Lindberg waiting on the doorstep. He powered the puck past Nilsson and gave Hartford a 1-0 lead.
Later in the period, the Wolf Pack converted on the man advantage once more thanks to Jesper Fast. Fast was waiting in the left circle as Danny Kristo sent a cross-ice pass through the slot. Fast took a one-timer and Nilsson was unable to go post-to-post to make the save. The goal was Fast's first of the season and made it a 2-0 game.
The Sound Tigers cut the lead in half on a two-man advantage as Persson used his big frame to create havoc in front. After Mike Halmo's shot was stopped by Wolf Pack goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris, Persson found the rebound in front and slid it home to make it a 2-1 lead.
The Sound Tigers had their chances in the third period, including a pair of power plays midway through the final 20 minutes. Grumet-Morris made saves on two Sound Tigers chances in front from both Chris Langkow and Sean Wiles to keep the Wolf Pack up a goal.
With Grumet-Morris holding strong on one end, Hartford picked up an insurance goal at the other. Conor Allen took a shot from center point that snuck through traffic and by Nilsson at 16:06 to make it a two-goal game. The Sound Tigers committed a pair of minor penalties following that goal, and though Alan Quine hit the post on a shorthanded breakaway with less than a minute to play, Hartford skated away with a 3-1 win.
The Sound Tigers travel to Springfield to play the Falcons Saturday night before returning home for a 3 p.m. contest against the Albany Devils Sunday afternoon.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 26, 2013
- Admirals Top Griffins 4-1 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Hogs Downed by Iowa 5-2 - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Fall in Shootout, Extend Point Streak to Eight - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins Sunk by Admirals, 4-1 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wild Triumphs over IceHogs in 5-2 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Flanagan Fires Five-Hole in 9th Round - Adirondack Phantoms
- Binghamton Returns from Break with 4-1 Win over Hershey - Binghamton Senators
- Lessio Is More - Manchester Monarchs
- Sound Tigers Stopped by Hartford - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolf Pack Bounce Bridgeport 3-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- P-Bruins Take Down Sharks 4-0 - Providence Bruins
- Sharks Fall to Bruins 4-0 on (Groundhog) Boxing Day - Worcester Sharks
- Lawson Helps Senators Defeat Bears - Hershey Bears
- Less Is More: Lessio Powers Pirates Past Monarchs - Portland Pirates
- Comets in the Community: Christmas at St. Luke's - Utica Comets
- Hamilton Downs Toronto 2-1 in Overtime at Air Canada Centre - Toronto Marlies
- Weekend Preview: Games 33 & 34 vs. Oklahoma City Barons - Abbotsford Heat
- Bulldogs Edge Marlies 2-1 in OT - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Sam Klassen to PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monarchs Recall Niederberger, Release Dell - Manchester Monarchs
- Skate with the Comets on New Year - Utica Comets
- Holiday Hockey with the Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
- Jets Recall Julian Melchiori from IceCaps; Place Clitsome on IR - St. John's IceCaps
- Texas Stars Recall Josh Robinson from Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Amerks Open Spengler Cup with 5-0 Loss to Geneve-Servette - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Launch Tune in to Win Promotion on FS Southwest - San Antonio Rampage
- Pirates Face Monarchs in VIP Cup Battle on Boxing Day - Portland Pirates
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Hershey Weekly - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Vande Sompel scores one goal and adds an assist in his home province; Bridgeport extends point streak to eight games
- Toews scores in regulation, Bellows nets shootout winner in Laval on Friday
- Sound Tigers Finish Road Trip North of the Border
- Islanders Recall Dal Colle, Gionta
- Fritz scores twice in overtime loss at Hartford