Solar Bears win 7-4 in high-scoring battle with Everblades
ORLANDO, Fla. - Ryan Lohin scored twice to bookend a season-high seven goals scored by the Orlando Solar Bears (4-1-0-0), who edged the Florida Everblades (5-2-0-0) by a final score of 7-4 on Wednesday night at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center.
With the victory, the Solar Bears set a new franchise-best five-game start to a season in team history.
Lohin scored his team-leading third goal of the season at 16:27 of the first period after Orlando initially fell behind 2-0. He capped the night with an empty-net tally at 18:13 of the third period for his fourth of the season.
Chris LeBlanc scored the eventual game-winner for Orlando with a shorthanded goal 21 seconds into the third period.
Michael Lackey earned the win for the Solar Bears in his first pro start with 32 saves on 36 shots against; Cam Johnson took the loss for Florida with 17 stops on 23 shots.
LeBlanc's goal was his 36th career goal with Orlando, tying Trevor Olson for fourth on the team's all-time goal-scoring list; the tally was also LeBlanc's sixth career shorthanded marker, also tying Olson for first on the team's shorthanded goal-scoring leaderboard
Aaron Luchuk recorded two points (1g-1a), extending his point streak to three games (1g-4a)
Tristin Langan scored for the second consecutive game (2g)
Nikita Pavlychev's power-play goal at 4:40 of the third period was his first career goal
1) Nikita Pavlychev - ORL
2) Aaron Luchuk - ORL
3) Kevin Lohan - ORL
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears take part in a home-and-home set with the Everblades later this week, as they visit Hertz Arena on Saturday, Jan. 2 at 7 p.m. The Solar Bears return home to close out the week at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center against Florida on Sunday, Jan. 3 at 3 p.m. Sunday's game is a VyStar Credit Union Solar Bears Sunday. Visit vystarcu.org/solarbears for details regarding free and discounted ticket offers for VyStar members.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 31, 2020
- Mavs End 2020 with Thrilling Win against Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wegwerth and Scheid Star in Grizzlies Home Opening Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Drop Contest against Mavericks on New Year's Eve - Tulsa Oilers
- Rush End 2020 with New Year's Eve Loss to Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Rings in NYE with Win in Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Lots of Celebrating for Nailers on New Year's Eve - Wheeling Nailers
- Wheeling Hands Indy First Loss of the Season - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - December 31 - ECHL
- Forward Alex Kromm Rejoins Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Host Wichita on the Last Day of 2020 - Allen Americans
- Mavs Game Preview December 31 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Grizzlies Preview: December 31, 2020 Rapid City at Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears win 7-4 in high-scoring battle with Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Langan's first hat trick leads Solar Bears to 5-3 win over Stingrays
- Luchuk's late goal saves point for Solar Bears in 4-3 OT loss to Icemen
- Luchuk, LeBlanc lift Solar Bears past Stingrays in wild 7-6 finish
- Clint Windsor Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update