Forward Alex Kromm Rejoins Oilers
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Anaheim Ducks, announced Thursday the signing of forward Alex Kromm.
Kromm, 29, returns to the Oilers after spending the 2019-20 season with the Toledo Walleye and Jacksonville IceMen. Kromm played 32 games with the Walleye, tallying four goals, six assists and 32 PIM. Kromm appeared in one game with the IceMen, registering a pair of penalty minutes.
"He works his tail off every day," head coach Rob Murray said of Kromm. "He's a role player that knows where he fits on the team, and some guys don't get that. He's a very dependable player that plays a physical game. He'll fight if he has to, but his calling card is the fact that he always finishes his hits hard. "
The 5'11, 185 lbs. forward played a key role in the Oilers' 2018-19 Mountain Division Championship run, finishing second on the team in PIM in an Oilers' sweater, and fifth among all forwards in plus-minus. The product of University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point also posted eight goals, 16 assists, 24 points and 90 PIM that season, all of which are career highs. Kromm appeared in six postseason games before sustaining an injury.
Prior to his time in Tulsa, Kromm spent time with the Rapid City Rush and Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL, playing in 68 games between the two teams. Kromm also played 39 games in the SPHL for the Columbus Cottonmouths.
The Penticton, BC native played collegiately at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, compiling 48 points (19G, 29A) in 111 games for the Pointers. Kromm capped off his college career with a Division III National Championship in his senior season. Oilers' defensemen Alex Brooks and Stephan Beauvais were also on that team.
To make room for the returning forward, Tulsa has released rookie forward Chris Schutz. The Keller, TX native appeared in all four Oilers' games, registering two PIM.
The Oilers are back in action tonight at Cable Dahmer arena in Independence, MO. Puck drop is at 7:05 p.m. Tulsa will square off against the Mavericks again on Saturday, Jan. 2, with that game also taking place in Independence at 7:05 p.m.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit *www.tulsaoilers.com * for more information.
Images from this story
Tulsa Oilers forward Alex Kromm
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 31, 2020
- Mavs End 2020 with Thrilling Win against Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wegwerth and Scheid Star in Grizzlies Home Opening Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Drop Contest against Mavericks on New Year's Eve - Tulsa Oilers
- Rush End 2020 with New Year's Eve Loss to Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Rings in NYE with Win in Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Lots of Celebrating for Nailers on New Year's Eve - Wheeling Nailers
- Wheeling Hands Indy First Loss of the Season - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - December 31 - ECHL
- Forward Alex Kromm Rejoins Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Host Wichita on the Last Day of 2020 - Allen Americans
- Mavs Game Preview December 31 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Grizzlies Preview: December 31, 2020 Rapid City at Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Solar Bears win 7-4 in high-scoring battle with Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.