Solar Bears Sign Chad Duchesne
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced the club has agreed to terms with defenseman Chad Duchesne on an ECHL Standard Player Contract for the 2021-22 season.
Duchesne (doo-SHAYN), 26, joins Orlando after appearing in 28 games with the Wheeling Nailers during the 2020-21 season, in which he collected three points (1g-2a) and 48 penalty minutes.
The 5-foot-11, 185-pound blueliner has skated in 265 career games in the ECHL with Wheeling and Greenville, posting 51 points (7g-44a) and 308 penalty minutes.
Prior to turning pro, the native of Inverary, Ontario played major junior hockey with the Kingston Frontenacs of the Ontario Hockey League, recording 44 points (8g-36a) and 119 penalty minutes in 124 games. Duchesne also played one season for the Sioux Falls Stampede of the United States Hockey League, where he tallied 25 points (6g-19a) and 83 penalty minutes.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 7, 2021
- Grizzlies Acquire Martin in Trade with Greenville - Utah Grizzlies
- Swamp Rabbits Acquire Pare in Deal with Utah - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Everblades Release 2021-22 Promotional Schedule - Florida Everblades
- Colby McAuley Returns for Second Steelheads Stint - Idaho Steelheads
- Forward CJ Eick Inks Contract with the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays and MUSC Health Announce 5-Year Partnership Extension - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears Sign Chad Duchesne - Orlando Solar Bears
- Derek Lodermeier Returns to Jacksonville for a Second Season - Jacksonville Icemen
- Freeman Joins Swamp Rabbits for 21-22 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Defensemen John Furgele and Karl Boudrias for 2021-22 Season - Worcester Railers HC
- K-Wings Put Single Game Tickets on Sale - Kalamazoo Wings
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.