Six Red Bulls Called into October FIFA Window
Harrison, N.J. - Six New York Red Bulls will compete for their respective national teams during the October national camps.
Aaron Long will report to the United States Men's National team camp in Tampa on October 7 following the Red Bulls' match in San Jose on October 6. The U.S. will face Colombia on October 11 in Tampa before hosting Peru in East Hartford, Connecticut, on October 16.
Long, 25, earns a return trip to USMNT camp after getting his first call up in September.
Tyler Adams, who was named to the initial roster, has withdrawn from the USMNT October camp due to injury. He got his first international goal in the U.S.' 2-0 win over Mexico on September 11, in his seventh senior cap. Adams has been involved in every USMNT match since getting his first cap last November against Portugal.
Fidel Escobar and Michael Amir Murillo return to the Panamanian national team camp on October 7. Escobar and Murillo will travel to play at Japan on Oct. 12 and at South Korea on Oct. 16.
Murillo, 22, and Escobar, 23, have been featured regularly for Panama this season. Murillo has appeared in six matches, two FIFA World Cup and four International Friendlies, while Escobar saw action in all three World Cup games and four International Friendlies. Murillo has tallied 405 minutes of action and Escobar has recorded 630 minutes played for Panama in 2018.
Haiti's Derrick Etienne, Jr., 21, and Jamaica's Kemar Lawrence, 26, will help their respective national teams in their next match in the Concacaf Nations League Qualification. Etienne, who tallied a goal in Haiti's 13-0 won over Sint Maarten, will join the Haitian National team to face St. Lucia on Oct. 14. Lawrence, recently, helped the Reggae Boyz to a 4-0 win over the Cayman Islands with an assist and will travel to face Bonaire on Oct. 15.
Kaku, 23, will head to the Paraguay National team camp of the second straight time. New York's Young Designated Player made his first career appearance for Paraguay on June 12 in an International Friendly against Japan as he came off the bench and played 31 minutes.
All six Red Bulls will be back before New York's penultimate regular-season match against Philadelphia on Sunday, Oct. 21 at Talen Energy Stadium. Kickoff is set for 3 p.m. with coverage on MSG, MSG GO and New York Red Bulls Radio in English and Spanish on TuneIn.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 5, 2018
- Sounders FC Invites All Alliance Members to Cast a GM Vote Ballot at Monday's Match against Houston - Seattle Sounders FC
- Six Red Bulls Called into October FIFA Window - New York Red Bulls
- Impact Hosts Columbus Saturday at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- FC Dallas Remains the Only Playoff Team in MLS' Western Conference - FC Dallas
- Red Bulls and Southern New Hampshire University Host Successful 3rd Annual Vocational Day at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- LAFC Travels to Colorado to Take on the Rapids on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Philadelphia Union Announce Never Before Seen Partnership with KicksUSA for Custom Shoes, Retail Distribution - Philadelphia Union
- Real Salt Lake Trio Called in for International Duty - Real Salt Lake
- Fafa Picault Earns International Call-Up from United States National Team - Philadelphia Union
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Preview: Playoff Berth up for Grabs as Sporting KC Hosts LA on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Continues Playoff Push on Saturday against the Portland Timbers - Real Salt Lake
- Rolf Feltscher Called up to Venezuelan National Team for International Friendlies - LA Galaxy
- New England Revolution's Delamea, Herivaux Called in to National Teams - New England Revolution
- Giovinco Called into Italian National Team - Toronto FC
- Sporting KC's Felipe Gutierrez Set to Join Chile National Team - Sporting Kansas City
- Four Columbus Crew SC Players Receive International Call-Ups - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Atlanta United FC - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls' eMLS Player Mike Labelle Honored at Tempest eSports Business Awards - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls Fall in New England
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Conclude Two-Match Road Trip at New England
- Red Bulls Snap Three-Match Losing Streak, Tie SKC, 2-2
- Match Preview: New York Starts Two-Match Roadtrip, Begins with Sporting KC
- New York Red Bulls and Prudential Financial Sign 12 Players to Unified Team