Red Bulls and Southern New Hampshire University Host Successful 3rd Annual Vocational Day at Red Bull Arena
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls and Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) teamed up on Friday, October 5 to host a vocational day for individuals receiving assistance from the Covenant House New Jersey and The Leaguers. More than 20 underserved individuals participated in the educational program to continue working towards their career goals.
Professional workshops hosted by SNHU and Red Bulls staff members took place throughout the afternoon focusing on subjects including resume building, mock job interviews, multimedia/video education, LinkedIn training, sales/marketing workshops and more. The day concluded with on-site job interviews, and complimentary professional attire, courtesy of 501c3 non-profit organization That Suits You, was provided to those who participated in the program.
"We're thrilled to host our third annual vocational day with the New York Red Bulls," said Steve Thiel, Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, SNHU. "This program will give these individuals the tools they need to advance their careers, and will help transform the lives of so many in the Newark community."
Several individuals who took part in the program in the first two years were later hired by the New York Red Bulls in various departments with the club.
"As a proud SNHU alumnus, it's inspiring to see the commitment they have to assisting those in need within the community," said Marc de Grandpre, General Manager, New York Red Bulls. "The foundation of our partnership is predicated on the shared values we both have for providing educational resources to support our neighbors."
Southern New Hampshire University is the official education partner of the New York Red Bulls. Tyler Adams, Red Bulls midfielder currently with the United States Men's National Team, is taking courses with SNHU as he pursues a degree in psychology.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 5, 2018
- Sounders FC Invites All Alliance Members to Cast a GM Vote Ballot at Monday's Match against Houston - Seattle Sounders FC
- Six Red Bulls Called into October FIFA Window - New York Red Bulls
- Impact Hosts Columbus Saturday at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- FC Dallas Remains the Only Playoff Team in MLS' Western Conference - FC Dallas
- Red Bulls and Southern New Hampshire University Host Successful 3rd Annual Vocational Day at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- LAFC Travels to Colorado to Take on the Rapids on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Philadelphia Union Announce Never Before Seen Partnership with KicksUSA for Custom Shoes, Retail Distribution - Philadelphia Union
- Real Salt Lake Trio Called in for International Duty - Real Salt Lake
- Fafa Picault Earns International Call-Up from United States National Team - Philadelphia Union
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution - Atlanta United FC
- Preview: Playoff Berth up for Grabs as Sporting KC Hosts LA on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Continues Playoff Push on Saturday against the Portland Timbers - Real Salt Lake
- Rolf Feltscher Called up to Venezuelan National Team for International Friendlies - Los Angeles Galaxy
- New England Revolution's Delamea, Herivaux Called in to National Teams - New England Revolution
- Giovinco Called into Italian National Team - Toronto FC
- Sporting KC's Felipe Gutierrez Set to Join Chile National Team - Sporting Kansas City
- Four Columbus Crew SC Players Receive International Call-Ups - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Atlanta United FC - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls' eMLS Player Mike Labelle Honored at Tempest eSports Business Awards - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls November FIFA Window International Round Up
- RBNY Advance to Eastern Conference Championship for First Time Since 2015
- New York Red Bulls Aaron Long, Kemar Lawrence Named to MLS Best XI
- Match Preview: New York Aims to Bounce Back against Columbus Crew SC in Leg 2
- Aaron Long Named 2018 MLS Defender of the Year