Shrimp Power Past Lookouts 4-3
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp (46-52, 17-11) defeated the Chattanooga Lookouts (44-53, 8-20) by a 4-3 score in the third game of the four-game series at AT&T Field on Saturday night.
Jacksonville right-handed starting pitcher Edward Cabrera (3-0) earned the victory. The Marlins No. 8 prospect pitched six innings where he allowed three runs (all earned) on four hits with a walk and a Double-A high 10 strikeouts. He set down the last 12 batters he faced in order, striking out seven of the final nine Lookouts hitters. Chattanooga right-handed starting pitcher Ryan Lillie (1-3) took the loss, allowing four runs (all earned) on six hits with a walk and three strikeouts. Jacksonville left-handed relief pitcher Dylan Lee worked the ninth inning in scoreless fashion to earn his 11th save of the year.
After scoring 15 runs Friday night, the Jumbo Shrimp bats stayed hot going into the first inning Saturday. Joe Dunand gave Jacksonville a 1-0 lead with his RBI double, followed by a two-run homer for Stone Garrett to put the lead at 3-0. The Lookouts quickly responded in the bottom of the first with Mitch Nay's two-run home run to cut Jacksonville's lead to 3-2. Jacksonville's Lazaro Alonso powered out a solo home run to right-center to grow Jacksonville's lead to 4-2 in the top of the third. The Lookouts answered in the bottom of the third on an RBI groundout from Ibandel Isabel to make it a 4-3 game, which would be the final.
Jacksonville clinches a series victory with the win, and the loss puts Chattanooga's losing streak at 13 games.
The Jumbo Shrimp and Lookouts will finish the series with the fourth game of the four-game set at AT&T Field on Sunday afternoon at 2:15 p.m. Left-handed pitcher Daniel Castano (2-1, 4.41 ERA) will start for Jacksonville against Chattanooga left-handed pitcher Reiver Sanmartin (0-3, 4.76 ERA). Fans can listen to the game on the Jumbo Shrimp Network presented by Community First, beginning at 2 p.m. with the pregame show "Shrimp On Deck" locally on Sunny 102.3 FM, on the TuneIn Radio app, and www.jaxshrimp.com.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from July 20, 2019
- Rockin' Cribbs: Generals Prevails with Six-Run, Ninth-Inning Rally in 9-6 Win - Jackson Generals
- Dozen Does It Again for Shuckers in 12-3 Victory - Biloxi Shuckers
- Generals Rally in Ninth, Stun Biscuits, 9-6 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Sheets, Madrigal Send Barons Past Smokies - Birmingham Barons
- Lookouts Get Cooked, Fall to the Shrimp 4-3 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Smokies Fall to Barons 3-1 in Birmingham - Tennessee Smokies
- Shrimp Power Past Lookouts 4-3 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Blue Wahoos Rained Out - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- M-Braves and Blue Wahoos Washed out on Saturday - Mississippi Braves
- Generals Gameday: July 20 at Montgomery - Jackson Generals
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Game Notes, July 20 at Chattanooga - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Clock Nears Midnight as Shuckers Top BayBears on Friday - Biloxi Shuckers
- Anderson, Mississippi Keep Blue Wahoos Skidding - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp Stories
- Jumbo Shrimp Win Southern League Promotional Trophy; O'Brien Earns Sports Media Award
- Tommy Eveld Named BC S.L. Relief Pitcher of Month for August
- Jacksonville's Season Ends with 2-1 Loss
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Game Notes, August 31 at Jackson
- Shrimp Fall to Generals 7-2