Lookouts Get Cooked, Fall to the Shrimp 4-3
Chattanooga couldn't seem to fathom the Jumbo Shrimp arms as they drop another to Jacksonville 4-3 on Saturday night at AT&T Field. The Lookouts offense stalled another night in a row, as they couldn't rally in the late innings.
Right-hander Ryan Lillie was saddled with his third loss of the year, as Jacksonville took an early lead and never looked back. The Shrimp opened up with three in the first, as Joe Dunand's RBI double brought home outfielder Brian Miller who earlier had a two-base hit of his own. That was soon followed by a two-run homer off the bat of Stone Garrett as the visitors opened up early.
Chattanooga clawed their way back soon after though as first baseman Mitch Nay got the Lookouts on the board in the first with a two-run homer, his 13th of the year. After that, it was all Jacksonville as they added another insurance run in the third inning to coast to their victory in a row.
Lookouts starter Lillie pitched well allowing four earned, on six hits, while going six frames deep. Jacksonville righty Edward Cabrera was dealing as he struck out 10 Lookouts on the night, allowing three runs across six innings.
The Lookouts are back in action tomorrow for the series finale as southpaw Reiver Sanmartin (0-3, 4.76 ERA) takes the bump against LHP Daniel Castano (2-1, 4.41 ERA) with first pitch at 2:15 PM. You can enjoy the Trifecta of Family Fun presented by Pella Windows and Doors with autographs, catch on the field and kids run the bases to follow the game.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from July 20, 2019
- Rockin' Cribbs: Generals Prevails with Six-Run, Ninth-Inning Rally in 9-6 Win - Jackson Generals
- Dozen Does It Again for Shuckers in 12-3 Victory - Biloxi Shuckers
- Generals Rally in Ninth, Stun Biscuits, 9-6 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Sheets, Madrigal Send Barons Past Smokies - Birmingham Barons
- Lookouts Get Cooked, Fall to the Shrimp 4-3 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Smokies Fall to Barons 3-1 in Birmingham - Tennessee Smokies
- Shrimp Power Past Lookouts 4-3 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Blue Wahoos Rained Out - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- M-Braves and Blue Wahoos Washed out on Saturday - Mississippi Braves
- Generals Gameday: July 20 at Montgomery - Jackson Generals
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Game Notes, July 20 at Chattanooga - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Clock Nears Midnight as Shuckers Top BayBears on Friday - Biloxi Shuckers
- Anderson, Mississippi Keep Blue Wahoos Skidding - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.