Generals Gameday: July 20 at Montgomery
Jackson Generals (54-41 Overall, 15-10 Second Half)
Vs. Montgomery Biscuits (62-36, 18-10 Second Half)
Saturday, July 20 | 6:05 pm CT | Riverwalk Stadium
Game 96 | Road Game 54 | Second Half Game 26
Generals SP: RHP Bo Takahashi, 6-3, 3.42 ERA
Opponent SP: LHP Kenny Rosenberg, 9-1, 2.82 ERA
LAST GAME: Montgomery, Ala. - The Jackson Generals, the Double-A affiliate of Major League Baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks, finally succumbed to defeat on Friday night, losing 4-1 to the Montgomery Biscuits at Riverwalk Stadium. The loss snaps a nine-game winning streak for Jackson (54-41) and draws their series with Montgomery (62-36) even at one game apiece.
Full Recap: JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com
TODAY'S PITCHING MATCHUP: Right-hander Bo Takahashi will be the first General in this series to face a traditional starting pitcher, as he squares off with Montgomery's Kenny Rosenberg on Saturday night. (This is the first series in 2019 where Montgomery has deployed three pitchers in "opener" roles, with one planned for Sunday). Both Takahashi and Rosenberg were Midseason All-Stars. Rosenberg hasn't lost at home this year (7 starts, 4-0, 1.67 ERA). Takahashi has not completed the sixth inning in either of his last two starts (11.0 IP, 6 ER), but the Generals won each of them. This is a pivotal game for Jackson, since a win would pull them back within striking distance of first place in the Second Half race.
JULY FIREWORKS: Since July 4th, the Generals have scored 66 runs in 10 games (6.6 runs/game), with multiple hitters raking at the plate. Daulton Varsho, Ramon Hernandez, and Pavin Smith rank 1st, 2nd and 5th in OPS since Independence Day in the Southern League, all recording marks that top 1.000. Meanwhile, Jamie Westbrook, Drew Ellis, and Hernandez all rank in the league's top 5 in RBI in that stretch (with 9 or more each). On the pitching side of things, six Generals have an ERA of 3.00 or lower since July 4, including Justin Donatella, Kevin McCanna, Miguel Aguilar, Emilio Vargas, Cameron Gann, and Matt Peacock. Those six have combined to throw 37 innings over the last two weeks.
Willie Nelson/Alison Krauss Tickets Link
WILLIE NELSON & ALISON KRAUSS, LIVE IN JACKSON!
Tickets for Tuesday, September 17th's Willie Nelson/Alison Krauss concert at The Ballpark at Jackson are on sale now by phone, in person, and on our website at JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com. Don't miss seeing these 2 stars!
ALL THE KIDS ARE DOING IT: The Junior Generals Kids Club has been completely revamped for 2019, with over 300 participants already signed up! New achievement levels are in place, with rewards given to the most loyal fans. Get the most out of your child's time at The Ballpark - sign them up today!
Kids Club 2019 Link
|GENERALS TICKETS SUMMARY|
General Admission (GA): $6 in advance, $8 on game day
Reserved Seating: $10 in advance, $12 on game day
Group Picnics: $7/person (plus food) for 15+ people; $6/person for 100+
Suites/Party Decks: Please call the front office for pricing & availability.
Belly Buster Monday Nights:
$16 bottomless popcorn, hot dogs, burgers, ice cream, soda & nachos
$1 Dollar Thursday Nights:
$1 tickets, hot dogs, popcorn, and soda; $1 beer for age 21+
Generals partner with a local non-profit for in-game promotion; call us for details!
The 2019 baseball season is here! Get your tickets today: dial 731.988.5299 or log on to JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com!
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from July 20, 2019
- Rockin' Cribbs: Generals Prevails with Six-Run, Ninth-Inning Rally in 9-6 Win - Jackson Generals
- Dozen Does It Again for Shuckers in 12-3 Victory - Biloxi Shuckers
- Generals Rally in Ninth, Stun Biscuits, 9-6 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Sheets, Madrigal Send Barons Past Smokies - Birmingham Barons
- Lookouts Get Cooked, Fall to the Shrimp 4-3 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Smokies Fall to Barons 3-1 in Birmingham - Tennessee Smokies
- Shrimp Power Past Lookouts 4-3 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Blue Wahoos Rained Out - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- M-Braves and Blue Wahoos Washed out on Saturday - Mississippi Braves
- Generals Gameday: July 20 at Montgomery - Jackson Generals
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Game Notes, July 20 at Chattanooga - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Clock Nears Midnight as Shuckers Top BayBears on Friday - Biloxi Shuckers
- Anderson, Mississippi Keep Blue Wahoos Skidding - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jackson Generals Stories
- Generals rally past Biloxi, 6-2, for second straight title
- Title Game Tonight: September 15 vs. Biloxi
- Biloxi Holds off Generals, 4-2, to Force Winner-Take-All Finale
- Championship Gameday: September 14 vs. Biloxi
- Right-Hander Leads 2-0 Shutout to Bring Generals to Doorstep of Title