Series Finale Cancelled Between Keys and Woodpeckers
FREDERICK, MD. -Sunday's series finale between the Frederick Keys and the Fayetteville Woodpeckers has been cancelled. This contest will not be made up on account it is the final meeting in the first half between the two teams.
Due to Sunday's cancellation, the Keys claim their second de-facto two-game sweep in as many weekends. Last Sunday, Frederick and Lynchburg were postponed at City Stadium. On Saturday, the Keys swept a doubleheader, winning each game in walk-off fashion by identical 3-2 scores.
Sunday's Candy Drop, presented by Advanced Helicopter Concepts, has been rescheduled to next Sunday, May 19 following the Keys 1 p.m. game against the Salem Red Sox. That same day there will be a rubber duck giveaway presented by Precision Heating and Cooling.
The Keys kickoff a four-game roadtrip to Wilmington on Monday night. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 p.m. and the broadcast begins 15 minutes before first pitch on frederickkeys.com and the TuneIn radio app.
Following the series, the Keys return to Nymeo Field for Family Fitness Weekend presented by Premiere Dental Arts. Highlights include #ALLCAPS Night with an appearance by former Capitals player Mike Knuble, Hail to the Redskins Night with appearances by Gary Clark and Vernon Davis sponsored by PMSi, while Sunday is Knock Tobacco Out of the Park Day courtesy of Smoke Free Frederick. For tickets, fans can call the Keys at 301-815-9939 or visit frederickkeys.com.
The Frederick Keys are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, and play their home games at Nymeo Field at Harry Grove Stadium. Following the 2018 season, the Keys were named the winner of the Carolina League's Complete Franchise Award. This goes to a team in the league which demonstrates franchise stability and significant contributions to its community and the league. In 2019, the team will host the Carolina League All-Star Classic presented by Visit Frederick. For more information about the Frederick Keys please contact Geoff Arnold by phone at (301)-815-9915 or by emailing at GArnold@FrederickKeys.com.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from May 12, 2019
- Mudcats Finish Home Sweep of Myrtle Beach with 7-2 Mother's Day Victory - Carolina Mudcats
- Down East Completes Series Sweep in Doubleheader Finale - Winston-Salem Dash
- Woodies Sweep Dash In Double-Header Sunday - Down East Wood Ducks
- Birds Swept by Mudcats, Fall in Fourth Straight - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- RHP Adbert Alzolay transferred to Myrtle Beach - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Dash Fall 2-1 in Twin Bill Opener against Woodies - Winston-Salem Dash
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: May 12 at Carolina - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- May 12 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- Hillcats and Red Sox Double-Header Cancelled - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Weekend Rain Forces Cancelation in Frederick - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Series Finale Between Potomac and Wilmington Postponed Due to Rain - Potomac Nationals
- Series Finale Cancelled Between Keys and Woodpeckers - Frederick Keys
- Winston-Salem Dash: Game Notes (May 12 vs. Down East, Doubleheader) - Winston-Salem Dash
- May 12 Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.