Sele wins in RedHawk debut
Ex-Big Leaguer Aaron Sele was a winner in his RedHawk debut Monday at SBC Bricktown Ballpark.
The RedHawks beat the Tacoma Rainiers 9-8. Sele went six innings and gave up four earned runs on nine hits with two walks and four strikeouts.
Sele left with the RedHawks ahead 9-4 thanks to a five-run first inning for Oklahoma. Esteban German capped the inning with a grand slam to center field.
Adrian Gonzalez added three hits and two RBIs of his own to help Sele's cause.
Tacoma came back with two runs in the eighth and two more in the ninth on catcher Miguel Ojeda's second home run of the game. Ojeda was four-for-five with four RBIs for Tacoma. He was a triple away from the cycle.
However, Jose Veras came in and got the last two outs of the game for his 14th save of the season.
Sele has played in the Major Leagues for Boston, Texas, Anaheim and, most recently, Seattle. He was released by the Mariners Aug. 2.
Sele pitched for the World Champion Anaheim Angels in 2003 and was selected to the MLB All-Star Game in 1998 and 2000. If the Oklahoma rotation stays the same, Sele would pitch again Saturday at Round Rock.
The RedHawks and Rainiers meet again at 7:05 p.m. Tuesday at SBC Bricktown Ballpark.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 8, 2005
- Pickering's second homer decides see-saw battle - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Seven unanswered runs net Sounds 8-5 win - Nashville Sounds
- Royals win on walk off homer in tenth - Tucson Sidewinders
- Sele wins in RedHawk debut - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Zephyrs fall to Beavers 3-2 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Omaha Royals game notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tip A 51 Luncheon coming - Las Vegas Aviators
- Stingers remain in first place, Dallas McPherson returns - Salt Lake Bees
- Oklahoma August 8 Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Pacific Coast League names players of the week - PCL
- Corey Hart Named PCL Batter-Of-The-Week - Nashville Sounds
- Whiteman homer wins it in 11 - Round Rock Express
- DeVore's three home runs not enough in Grizzlies' loss to Express - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- Lifeshare Winterfest and Snow Tubing Canceled
- Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark Named Winner Of Ballpark Digest's Best Of The Ballparks Competition
- OKC Dodgers Announce Details Regarding the Cancellation of the 2020 Baseball Sesaon
- Registration Open for OKC Dodgers Rookie League Fall Season
- Statement from the Oklahoma City Dodgers