Zephyrs fall to Beavers 3-2
Metairie, LA - The New Orleans Zephyrs fell to the Portland Beavers on Monday 3-2.
Portland starter Chris Oxspring (8-6) got the win after giving up only one run on seven hits. Scott Cassidy recorded his second save of the year after a no-hit final inning.
The only runs of the game for the Z's were driven in by shortstop Juan Melo, who went 2-5 overall.
Reliever David Gil (1-2) gets the loss in three innings. He gave up two runs on seven hits.
The teams will continue their series on Tuesday with Portland leading 1-0. Game time is scheduled for 7:05 PM CT.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 8, 2005
- Pickering's second homer decides see-saw battle - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Seven unanswered runs net Sounds 8-5 win - Nashville Sounds
- Royals win on walk off homer in tenth - Tucson Sidewinders
- Sele wins in RedHawk debut - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Zephyrs fall to Beavers 3-2 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Omaha Royals game notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tip A 51 Luncheon coming - Las Vegas Aviators
- Stingers remain in first place, Dallas McPherson returns - Salt Lake Bees
- Oklahoma August 8 Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Pacific Coast League names players of the week - PCL
- Corey Hart Named PCL Batter-Of-The-Week - Nashville Sounds
- Whiteman homer wins it in 11 - Round Rock Express
- DeVore's three home runs not enough in Grizzlies' loss to Express - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.