Pacific Coast League names players of the week
August 8, 2005 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) News Release
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Corey Hart batted in 12 runs with a 1.136 slugging percentage in six games to be named the Player of the Week for the week of August 1-7, the League announced today. Chad Durbin went 14.1 innings without allowing a run and struck out 13 to become New Orleans' second consecutive pitcher to earn the Pitcher of the Week award.
Hart, 23, hit 3-for-5 with two homers, three runs, and six RBI on Saturday night against Colorado Springs and went 10-for-22 for the week to raise his average to .308 with 16 home runs on the year. The six-foot-six-inch outfielder from Bowling Green, Kentucky, was selected by the Brewers in the 11th round of the 2000 June Free Agent Draft and was named to the PCL All-Star team earlier this year.
Right-handed, Durbin, 27, allowed only six hits in his two wins last week. He was originally drafted in the third round of the 1996 draft by Kansas City out of Woodlawn High School in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and made his Major League debut in September of 1999 with the Royals. He has played in a total of 75 games at the Major League level.
The Pacific Coast League, established in 1903, is on pace to reach the seven million fan milestone, a first for any single circuit in a season in Minor League Baseball history. Join the march on the League's official Web site.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 8, 2005
- Pickering's second homer decides see-saw battle - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Seven unanswered runs net Sounds 8-5 win - Nashville Sounds
- Royals win on walk off homer in tenth - Tucson Sidewinders
- Sele wins in RedHawk debut - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Zephyrs fall to Beavers 3-2 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Omaha Royals game notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tip A 51 Luncheon coming - Las Vegas Aviators
- Stingers remain in first place, Dallas McPherson returns - Salt Lake Bees
- Oklahoma August 8 Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Pacific Coast League names players of the week - PCL
- Corey Hart Named PCL Batter-Of-The-Week - Nashville Sounds
- Whiteman homer wins it in 11 - Round Rock Express
- DeVore's three home runs not enough in Grizzlies' loss to Express - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.