#SEAvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match
FC Dallas (12-11-7, 43 points) visits the Seattle Sounders (14-9-7, 49 points) on Wednesday, September 18 at 9:30PM CT at CenturyLink Field.This is the second meeting between the clubs this season, with FC Dallas winning 2-1 on June 1 at Toyota Stadium.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #SEAvFCD
TV: 9:30PM CT on Texas 21 and the FCDTV network
Radio: 9:30PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 99.1 FM (Spanish)
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts New York City FC on Sunday, Sept. 22 at 5 PM in a match presented by AdvoCare
This game is part of FC Dallas' annual Hall of Fame Weekend which includes a concert at Toyota Stadium featuring OneRepublic, the Fray and Maelyn Jarmon. The performance begins shortly after the National Soccer Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on Saturday, Sept. 21.
5 Things You Need to Know About #SEAvFCD
FC Dallas enters the matchup with the Seattle Sounders just four days after its 4-0 loss away to the Chicago Fire. Although a short turnaround, it's an opportunity for Luchi Gonzalez's men to bounce back from what was their biggest loss of the season. The schedule congestion only gets worse as FC Dallas returns home Sunday to face New York City FC- its third game in an eight-day span.
Paxton Pomykal returned to FC Dallas' starting lineup after becoming a senior U.S. Men's National Team player with a debut against Uruguay on Sept. 10. Pomykal was also joined by defender Reggie Cannon and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez who were also called up by head coach Greg Berhalter for the September friendlies.
FC Dallas boasts the two highest scoring defenders in MLS with left-back Ryan Hollingshead and center-back Reto Ziegler. Hollingshead leads the way with six goals and three assists this year, making it the most prolific season of his career. Captain Ziegler stands at five goals- four penalties and one free-kick.
Seattle occupies second place in the Western Conference. The team began in the 2019 season as one of the hottest teams in the league, losing just once in its opening 13 games. The Sounders have also been in good form lately, registering wins over Portland Timbers, LA Galaxy and NY Red Bulls over their last four outings.
FC Dallas has had a tough time against Seattle over the years. Dallas is 7-12-6 with 28 goals scored and 42 conceded all-time. FCD has struggled even more win playing in Seattle, having just one victory in 11 attempts at CenturyLink Field.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 17, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: September 17, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Know Your Opponent | Houston Dynamo - Orlando City SC
- Impact to Play First Leg of Canadian Championship Final Wednesday Night at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Statement Regarding Mike Petke Lawsuit - Real Salt Lake
- #SEAvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Announce Partnership with EVERFI to Inspire D.C. Students' Interest in STEM Careers - D.C. United
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Announces EMLS 24 Hours of FIFA 20 Live Stream as Part of 6th Annual MLS WORKS Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - MLS
- Match Preview: New York Concludes West Coast Trip at Portland - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Sign Yamil Asad to a Contract Beginning in 2020 Season - D.C. United
- FC Dallas Foundation, Frisco ISD and the National Soccer Hall of Fame Launch STEAM FC Program - FC Dallas
- Ryan Hollingshead Re-Signs with FC Dallas - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC to Break Ground for New Stadium on October 10 in Open-To-The-Public Ceremony - Columbus Crew SC
- BODYARMOR to Become Official Sports Drink of Major League Soccer in 2020 - MLS
- Vela, Ibrahimovic and MartÃnez Racing Toward Record-Breaking Golden Boot Finish - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Battles Back from 2-0 Deficit Before Losing to Seattle in Extra Time in Round One of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know
- Broadcast Details for FC Dallas' Playoff Match on October 19th Confirmed
- Ricardo Pepi Called into United States U-17 National Team for 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup
- FC Dallas Signs Paxton Pomykal to New Contract