Statement Regarding Mike Petke Lawsuit
"Real Salt Lake ("RSL") is aware of the lawsuit filed by former head coach Mike Petke. As previously reported by RSL, Mr. Petke's employment was terminated for cause based upon statements and actions that are unbecoming of RSL representatives, especially our head coach. The organization stands firmly behind that difficult decision."
The club will have no further comment on this pending litigation.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 17, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: September 17, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Know Your Opponent | Houston Dynamo - Orlando City SC
- Impact to Play First Leg of Canadian Championship Final Wednesday Night at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Statement Regarding Mike Petke Lawsuit - Real Salt Lake
- #SEAvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Announce Partnership with EVERFI to Inspire D.C. Students' Interest in STEM Careers - D.C. United
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Announces EMLS 24 Hours of FIFA 20 Live Stream as Part of 6th Annual MLS WORKS Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - MLS
- Match Preview: New York Concludes West Coast Trip at Portland - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Sign Yamil Asad to a Contract Beginning in 2020 Season - D.C. United
- FC Dallas Foundation, Frisco ISD and the National Soccer Hall of Fame Launch STEAM FC Program - FC Dallas
- Ryan Hollingshead Re-Signs with FC Dallas - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC to Break Ground for New Stadium on October 10 in Open-To-The-Public Ceremony - Columbus Crew SC
- BODYARMOR to Become Official Sports Drink of Major League Soccer in 2020 - MLS
- Vela, Ibrahimovic and MartÃnez Racing Toward Record-Breaking Golden Boot Finish - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Announces 24 Players Protected in 2019 MLS Expansion Draft
- Real Salt Lake FW Julian Vazquez Invited to Mexico U-18 Camp
- Real Salt Lake Quartet Invited to U.S. U-23 National Team Camp
- Real Salt Lake FW Jefferson Savarino and MF Albert Rusnak Earn International Call-Ups
- Real Salt Lake FW Corey Baird Named to USMNT Pre-Camp Roster Ahead of CONCACAF Nations League Group Finale