Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Cincinnati
ATLANTA - Atlanta United returns to action Wednesday when it travels to face FC Cincinnati in the club's first visit to Nippert Stadium. The match is set to kick-off at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on FOX Sports South. For all statistics and media information, please visit our Media Resources page and Game Notes.
Atlanta clinched its third consecutive playoff berth Saturday and enters the match in third place in the Eastern Conference with five games remaining in the regular season. Forward Josef Martinez, who was named MLS Player of the Month for July and August, is riding an MLS record 14-game scoring streak, which is also the third longest streak in world soccer since MLS began play in 1996.
This will be the second meeting all-time between the two sides after they played to a 1-1 draw March 10 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Josef Martinez scored his first goal of the season in the 5th minute, however FC Cincinnati leveled in the 86th minute from Roland Lamah. Cincinnati currently sits in 12th place in the Eastern Conference standings and has been eliminated from playoff contention. The 2019 expansion side is 6-21-3 on the season, 3-10-1 at home and coming off a 1-0 win at Montreal on Saturday, the team's first win in its last 10 matches.
Atlanta, coming off a 3-1 loss Saturday against Columbus, is 11-2-3 following a defeat since 2018 and has outscored opponents 35-14 in those 16 matches.
Wednesday, Sept. 18 | Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati, OH |7:30 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (15-11-3, 48 points) vs. FC Cincinnati (6-21-3, 21 points)
English TV | FOX Sports South
Spanish Radio | La Mejor 1600 AM
English Radio | 92-9 The Game
6:30 p.m.: AT&T Countdown to Kickoff (FB Live/Periscope)
7 p.m.: The Pre-Game show (92-9 The Game)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 17, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: September 17, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Know Your Opponent | Houston Dynamo - Orlando City SC
- Impact to Play First Leg of Canadian Championship Final Wednesday Night at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Statement Regarding Mike Petke Lawsuit - Real Salt Lake
- #SEAvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Announce Partnership with EVERFI to Inspire D.C. Students' Interest in STEM Careers - D.C. United
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Announces EMLS 24 Hours of FIFA 20 Live Stream as Part of 6th Annual MLS WORKS Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign - MLS
- Match Preview: New York Concludes West Coast Trip at Portland - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Sign Yamil Asad to a Contract Beginning in 2020 Season - D.C. United
- FC Dallas Foundation, Frisco ISD and the National Soccer Hall of Fame Launch STEAM FC Program - FC Dallas
- Ryan Hollingshead Re-Signs with FC Dallas - FC Dallas
- Columbus Crew SC to Break Ground for New Stadium on October 10 in Open-To-The-Public Ceremony - Columbus Crew SC
- BODYARMOR to Become Official Sports Drink of Major League Soccer in 2020 - MLS
- Vela, Ibrahimovic and MartÃnez Racing Toward Record-Breaking Golden Boot Finish - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Advances to Eastern Conference Semifinals, Defeats New England Revolution 1-0
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New England Revolution
- George Bello Named to USA Roster for 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Brazil
- Atlanta United Reaches Contract Extension with Miles Robinson
- Time Change: Round 1 Match vs. New England Now 1 p.m.