Salt Lake City Stars Shine Bright against NBA G League Ignite
ORLANDO - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, routed NBA G League Ignite 107-87 on Friday afternoon in a nationally televised game on ESPN2
The Stars held a 23-20 lead after a back-and-forth first quarter and pulled away in the second period, putting a up a season-best 42 points in a quarter to lead 65-47 at the break. A night after making just six 3-point shots in the entire game, the Stars went 7-of-12 in the second quarter from deep, with three makes from Trevon Bluiett and a pair from Malcolm Miller.
Ignite would get no closer than nine points in the second half as the Stars stretched the advantage to as much as 26 points in the fourth quarter. Tyler Bey scored eight points and Marcus Graves added seven in the final quarter to put Ignite away.
Bey, a Dallas Mavericks two-way player, led the Stars with 17 points. Bluiett and Miller each added 16 points. The Stars would get double-figure contributions from six different players with Graves (13), Yogi Ferrell (12) and Trevon Scott (10) rounding out the list.
Ignite was led by top NBA Draft prospect Jalen Green's game-high 24 points. Fellow projected lottery pick Jonathan Kuminga was held to 10 points on 3-of-12 shooting but did collect a game-high nine rebounds. The Stars defense held Ignite to just 5-of-26 shooting from beyond the arc and 39.7% from the field to hold Ignite to a season-low 87 points.
The Stars are down to just four games left in the final week of the 2021 NBA G League season. The team will take Saturday off before facing the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on Sunday afternoon. Tipoff is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. (MT) and is available to be streamed on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2021
- Greensboro Swarm Downed by Raptors 905 - Greensboro Swarm
- Vipers Outlast Charge - Canton Charge
- Blue Comeback Not Enough against Spurs - Oklahoma City Blue
- Spurs Edge Blue, 109-106 - Austin Spurs
- Salt Lake City Stars Shine Bright against NBA G League Ignite - Salt Lake City Stars
- Clippers Fall to Mad Ants in Final Seconds - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Blue Coats' Comeback Falls Short against Magic - Delaware Blue Coats
- Lakeland Magic Defeat Delaware Blue Coats - Lakeland Magic
- Mad Ants Close Game on 10-0 Run to Top Agua Caliente - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Hernandez to Join RGV Via Trade - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Westchester Rolls to Third Straight Win over Salt Lake City, 116-95 - Westchester Knicks
- Spurs Rally over Iowa - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- Salt Lake City Stars Complete 2021 NBA G League Season
- Salt Lake City Stars Comeback Falls Short against Magic
- Yogi Ferrell Scores 29 in Salt Lake City Stars Victory
- Salt Lake City Stars Comeback Falls Short against Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Salt Lake City Stars Shine Bright against NBA G League Ignite